Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Bad Apples" of each generation
(10-23-2018, 12:16 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 08:19 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Yes, Bobby Fischer is a disgrace as a self-hating Jew. This is to be distinguished from German-Americans who hate Nazis or Italian-Americans who hate the Mafia, as Nazis and the Mafia are themselves disgraces. Fischer came to hate the whole of his Jewish heritage.  There are far more than enough gentiles who hate Jews to the extent that they would like to 'complete' the Holocaust. Such people need no Jewish traitors to aid them. If someone like David Lane is on the Evil List, then so belongs Bobby Fischer.  

Sure, American Jews are a model minority... but so were German Jews before 1933.

What did Bobby Fischer do to other Jews?

Give antisemites propaganda for use against Jews, disparaging fellow Jews. I admire his chess play, but he had become something of an outlaw for breaking sanctions against Yugoslavia for the misdeeds of Slobodan Milosevic.

If this isn't an indication of hatred of Jews, then what is?

Quote:Fischer made numerous anti-Semitic statements and professed a general hatred for Jews since at least the early 1960s.[430][442] Jan Hein Donner wrote that at the time of Bled 1961, "He idolized Hitler and read everything about him that he could lay his hands on. He also championed a brand of anti-semitism that could only be thought up by a mind completely cut off from reality."[186] Donner took Fischer to a war museum, which "left a great impression, since [Fischer] is not an evil person, and afterwards he was more restrained in his remarks—to me, at least."[186]

From the 1980s on, Fischer's comments about Jews were a major theme in his public and private remarks.[443] He openly denied the Holocaust, and called the United States "a farce controlled by dirty, hook-nosed, circumcised Jew bastards".[444] Between 1999 and 2006, Fischer's primary means of communicating with the public was radio interviews. He participated in at least 34 such broadcasts, mostly with radio stations in the Philippines, but also in Hungary, Iceland, Colombia, and Russia. In 1999, he gave a radio call-in interview to a station in Budapest, Hungary, during which he described himself as the "victim of an international Jewish conspiracy". In another radio interview, Fischer said that it became clear to him in 1977, after reading The Secret World Government by Count Cherep-Spiridovich, that Jewish agencies were targeting him.[445] Fischer's sudden reemergence was apparently triggered when some of his belongings, which had been stored in a Pasadena, California, storage unit, were sold by the landlord, who claimed it was in response to nonpayment of rent.[446] Fischer was also upset that UBS bank had liquidated his assets and closed his account without his permission. When asked who he thought was responsible for the actions UBS had taken Fischer replied, "There's no question that the Jew-controlled United States is behind this — that's obvious."[447][448]

Fischer's library contained anti-semitic and racist literature such as Mein Kampf, The Protocols of the Elders of Zion, and The White Man's Bible and Nature's Eternal Religion by Ben Klassen, founder of the World Church of the Creator.[449][450] A notebook written by Fischer contains sentiments such as "12/13/99 It's time to start randomly killing Jews".[451] Despite his views, Fischer remained on good terms with Jewish chess players.[452]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Fischer

My comment:

One has a right to dislike oneself and one's origins (which is different from hating what others do or have done to one's group, which one can deal with in humane and constructive ways), for example, hating an ancestor who abandoned one's family or sired you during an affair -- or especially a rape (which may explain much anti-white racism among many blacks -- it's about a great-great grandparent who raped one's slave ancestors, and one hates the white part of one's ancestry for such). Being of partial German origin I am reasonably certain that if I do genealogical research  I could easily find some seventh cousins or so as perpetrators of the Holocaust -- so I don't look as deeply for distant relatives in Germany as I do in England and Wales, where I have found some prominent people not so troublesome as distant relatives. Would I like to be connected to Max Planck or Paul Hindemith as I am connected to Bertrand Russell and George Orwell? Of course. Some guard at a camp, a sadistic physician who did inhuman experiments upon helpless prisoners, or some SS officer who mowed down Jews in Russia? Of course not!

I have known plenty of Jews and find them far closer to me in moral values and not that different in cultural values (this is America, and Jews have a disproportionate share of influence on American cultural life, mostly benign and accessible). One also has a right to loathe the evil-doers who might share some heritage. A Jew has the right to loathe Bugsy Siegel, the Rosenberg spy ring, and Bernie Madoff. Don't ask me what I think of John Dillinger... OK, I thoroughly loathe him. But not all connections are genealogical. I don't have to be Japanese to appreciate Hokusai, Greek to appreciate Plato, Spanish to appreciate Goya, or Jewish to appreciate Mahler.

If I had to choose between being a Jew or a Nazi, I would become a Jew, as I would have to make no moral or cultural compromises in converting to Judaism. A Nazi would destroy much that I appreciate in American life. But that is cheap. I hate the antisemitic claptrap that many of my relatives fed me as a child.

Some people still hate Jews so much that they would like to 'finish the job (the Holocaust)'. I can imagine a Jew keeping Mein Kampf or Protocols of the Elders of Zion as means of knowing the enemy, much as an anti-Communist might keep copies of the Communist Manifesto and Das Kapital, or quotations of Communist leaders from Lenin to Castro. Bobby Fischer is a traitor to American Jews. He's a great chess player, but Bill Cosby is or was a great comedian, too.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
The "Bad Apples" of each generation - by Ghost - 10-19-2018, 11:29 AM
RE: The "Bad Apples" of each generation - by pbrower2a - 10-23-2018, 09:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A revised list of the "bad apples" of every generation Ghost 16 6,386 01-15-2023, 10:49 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Name people who were anomalies for their generation disasterzone 69 49,374 01-08-2023, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  My Specific Presidential Generation Range (s) Theory Cocoa_Puff 10 5,012 09-01-2022, 05:20 AM
  The Lost Generation: Not Gone Yet! Anthony '58 3 1,184 08-31-2022, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  What do you think are the major pros/cons of each current generation? JasonBlack 51 11,792 06-14-2022, 11:47 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  What If Everyone Born from 1967 to 1991 is Generation X? Victorian Jim Dandy 10 3,408 05-27-2022, 03:24 PM
  Most Useless Famous People of Each Generation JasonBlack 13 3,429 03-06-2022, 02:40 PM
  Entertainers by Generation GeekyCynic 4 1,527 02-20-2022, 01:07 AM
  Anti-generation-ers jleagans 3 2,625 12-16-2020, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Cocoa_Puff
  Each Generation's Name (since Revolutionary Saeculum) Ranked Camz 33 15,605 05-29-2020, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz