Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disney movies by era and intended audience
(11-22-2018, 08:51 PM)gabrielle Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 02:06 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: The money just wasn't put into movies clearly for children.

The "awakening" had some benighted moments.

Probably just as well, for me.  My parents didn't take my brother and I to the movies very often, and I had to develop my imagination to entertain myself.  I did a lot of reading, drawing, and playing in the woods.

Which may have been just as well. There were some great movies that got R (Bonnie and Clyde, Easy Rider) even X ratings (A Clockwork Orange, Midnight Cowboy), but they definitely were not for children and still aren't. Probably the only movie from that time that one could take the whole family to see was Fiddler on the Roof, which was anti-Awakening and successful in defending family as any movie of the time.

As Tim Walker reminds us:

[/url]
Quote:[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Code]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Picture_Code

Hays code dumped during early Awakening.

The Hays code ensured that movies had to be made for omnibus audiences. It may now be that omnibus entertainment has become best for winning audiences -- and economic pressures are even more effective than regulation or industry norms in supporting a tendency.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Disney movies by era and intended audience - by pbrower2a - 11-23-2018, 03:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lackadaisy - popular web franchise about prohibition era bootleggers Lemanic 1 1,699 06-06-2023, 03:27 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Movies that Capture Turnings Well JasonBlack 22 2,653 10-17-2022, 05:20 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Capitol Steps Shutting Down : End of an Era sbarrera 1 765 02-22-2022, 08:15 AM
Last Post: sbarrera
  Movies and Generations GeekyCynic 0 2,293 11-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Last Post: GeekyCynic
  Favorite movies by turning GeekyCynic 6 4,556 12-07-2017, 01:43 AM
Last Post: gabrielle