The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Next 10 Years: A Deep Sense of Foreboding
Anyone who takes a few steps back to view both our domestic situation as well as the international situation should be greatly alarmed. Domestically, the supports for national unity are at their weakest in my lifetime - now past a half century. The so called "Alt-Right" have steered or have been steered into a pathos that is surprising in a nation that so prides itself in being different and separate from Europe. The "Alt-Right" are now no different from the various European Extreme Right movements, which, to be blunt, are no different from the "pan" movements of the early to middle 20th Century. It is one of the most shocking things of my life experience thus far to be witnessing this. I write this as one who, a mere ten years ago, railed against both the liberals as well as the Establishment conservatives. I hereby apologize for whatever role that might have had in terms of catalyzing some dire unintended consequences.

Meanwhile, internationally, the long standing post-WW2 order, whatever were its faults, has now vanished. Sure there are still some false front buildings akin to a poorly constructed Spaghetti Western set, such as the UN, the EU, and various other attempts at international order. But these are no longer respected, most especially by the Shang Hai Cooperation Org countries and various client and affiliated rogue states thereof. NATO still seems vital, in affront to this trend. Long may it last. It would be a crime to allow it to disintegrate, only to have to be reconstructed in some fashion, hastily, during a future darkest hour, under threat of being defeated by Evil.

Then, there is the matter of Russian interference in our election. This knits together the two aforementioned venues of crisis. Moscow are no longer trying to hide their intentions. Moscow have lined up behind the 21st Century Quisling, hoping to neutralize the one great power truly capable of stopping the SCO advance. In their wildest dreams, the US would even go beyond neutrality, and become a member of the Axis of Evil.

Suffice it to say, as we approach one of the greatest decision points ever encountered in US history, I feel a deep sense of foreboding. No matter what the outcome on Tuesday, I believe forces have already been unleashed, both domestically and internationally, that can only lead us further into the abyss. It's too late to turn back now. God Bless us all.

Messages In This Thread
The Next 10 Years: A Deep Sense of Foreboding - by X_4AD_84 - 11-04-2016, 09:27 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How 'fifty years later' looked -fifty years ago. pbrower2a 0 3,180 01-02-2019, 07:42 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a