Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Trainwreck - Ongoing diary of betrayal and evil
(12-29-2016, 04:14 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 03:10 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 02:45 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 01:43 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(12-29-2016, 01:32 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I have the ability to compare what it was like to post ten years ago to what it's like to post today. I'm familiar with the environments and the changes that have occurred in the environment over a ten year span. Honey, posting today is nothing like it was ten years ago. Mind control was more popular on the left ten years ago.

What's different between us? We have an obvious age difference. We have an obvious cultural difference. We have biological differences and income differences and different priorities as well. We probably have to many differences to overcome and be able to relate to one another and view each other as equals.

Oh wow really? I thought it was extreme now in comparison to what i experience in my own country. That is interesting. I wonder what caused that change.
Well yes we have differences, but it is not like I do not view you as someone who is not my equal. I cannot say the same for others who are disrespectful to me. Which does not usually include you. I measure people on how they treat me. Not in our differences. And that is the honest truth.
The 4T was much more extreme ten years ago. American politics is still about the same as it was ten years ago.

Wow. That is interesting. You are right about the culture. My reaction when I started to hear more about what went on over there and also chatting to Americans was sort of like whoa! In comparison it is far more aggressive, far more extreme. It has left an impression on me. Americans have told me it is nothing like how it appears online though. People become emboldened and passionate about their thoughts rather than what they show in public apparently. I guess being online is a way to vent out with "seemingly" no consequences....they think. I thought that the 4T was becoming more extreme. Especially after this last election.
Politics has to be more aggressive in the United States than New Zealand for obvious reasons. We are a lot more involved in everything than New Zealand. As I've mentioned before, I live in a smaller US state that's larger than your entire country. But, I would view Minnesota and New Zealand as being equal in level as far as its position in the world. Minnesota has some say but not as much say as a state like California or New York. Does your country have limousine liberals, movie stars, comedians and musicians playing an active role in its politics? Politics that eliminate jobs, gives preference to certain illegal aliens and dishes out policies as if they're free. If I was king, I would separate this group, give this group what it wants and tax it to death.
I would separate the group, so that the whiners about taxes are taxed to death. Movie stars like Ronald Reagan and comedians like Donald Trump do indeed become active politicians and even get elected president by this group. They eliminate jobs, and depress wages, and dish out billions of freebees to those who already have too much. Yes, this group, called Republicans, maybe should be separated.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Stupid is as stupid does... - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-05-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by pbrower2a - 04-06-2017, 01:56 AM
RE: Stupid is as stupid does... - by Galen - 04-08-2017, 08:47 PM