Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the social dynamics viewpoint to the Strauss-Howe generational theory is wrong
I do understand Strauss & Howe's claims about the social dynamics, but I don't believe the generations are the way they are because of historical events. I believe the generations are the way they are because of their biological properties.

Even though historical events you both describe have happened, it does not mean that people would change their behavior accordingly. Human behavior is notoriously difficult to change through outside influence. But hormonal changes change behavior, immediately (and permanently if the changes to hormone secretion are permanent, like in puberty, when having your first child, and in menopause/andropause).

My hypothesis says that historical events are catalyzed by the generational traits, but the historical events do not mold the behavior of generations in any meaningful way compared to the generational hormone levels. This is why the social dynamics model of the Strauss-Howe generational theory is the wrong way to explain the generations. And it's the very same thing with animal cycles: for a century biologists and others have tried to explain the animal cycles by using environmental variables (such as predators and food supply), but NONE have succeeded. But my model of generational hormone levels explains both the animal cycles AND the Strauss-Howe generational cycle. It's a win win, and no professor in biology and neurobiology so far has been able to prove me wrong on this.

I strongly believe that this is finally the true solution to the the Strauss-Howe generational theory. The cycle is real, that we agree on, but Strauss & Howe just got the explanation for it wrong. It's not the history that generates the generations, it's the generations that create the history. You have to start from the very bottom, that being human biology.
Generational hormone theory: https://jannemiettinen.fi/FourthTurning/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the social dynamics viewpoint to the Strauss-Howe generational theory is wrong - by Ldr - 06-04-2020, 10:19 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Generational Dynamics World View John J. Xenakis 4,772 2,313,528 11-22-2023, 12:07 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  RationalWiki's article on the Theory X Marks the Spot 21 9,027 12-09-2022, 12:27 AM
  Ibn Khaldun's Theory of Dynasty Formation and Disintegration sbarrera 7 1,331 12-06-2022, 11:04 PM
  CBBForum nixes Strauss & Howe X Marks the Spot 2 1,598 05-31-2021, 08:48 AM
  Theory: cyclical generational hormone levels behind the four turnings and archetypes Ldr 2 3,426 03-16-2020, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Ldr
  Thermodynamics - Carnot Cycle - Anacyclosis (256 Years) - E8 Group Theory Mark40 3 3,533 02-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Generational cycle research Mikebert 15 16,362 02-08-2018, 10:06 AM
  Generation Theory Thread Mikebert 39 31,818 05-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Galen