Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the new saeculum start after the pandemic is over?
(04-29-2020, 09:23 AM)Blazkovitz Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 11:58 AM)David Horn Wrote: If AGW wasn't already knocking loudly on the door, I might agree -- but it is. The neoliberals won't take that seriously until it impacts them personally, and the SJWs don't think about issues like that.  So another, more science based phalange will have to emerge, be taken seriously and gain power, or AGW will become a crisis far too early.  Society needs some down time to regroup, and COVID-19 is still the crisis de jure.

Wait... aren't the SJWs obsessed with global warming? I already see Environmentalism replacing Inclusivity as the most important Leftist idea, Eric surely will agree.

Sure, but SJWs per se are usually more concerned with social justice issues; it's in the name. But many SJWs I know are pushing intersectionality, combining the two issues. AGW and pollution have greater negative impacts on communities of color, for example, as does COVID. And the power of the oligarchy is responsible for both issues. So, we'll see how far the combo goes. Bernie certainly pushed this.

2T visionary Murray Bookchin already combined them, influencing the new age and green counter-cultures. He wrote:

“Whatever has turned human beings into “aliens” in nature are social changes that have made many human beings “aliens” in their own social world: the domination of the young by the old, of women by men, and of men by men. Today, as for many centuries in the past, there are still oppressive human beings who literally own society and others who are owned by it. Until society can be reclaimed by an undivided humanity that will use its collective wisdom, cultural achievements, technological innovations, scientific knowledge, and innate creativity for its own benefit and for that of the natural world, all ecological problems will have their roots in social problems.”
― Murray Bookchin, Remaking Society
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will the new saeculum start after the pandemic is over? - by Eric the Green - 04-29-2020, 03:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Unresolved end to saeculum possibility? nguyenivy 27 6,120 06-27-2022, 11:54 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Life During the 1T of the Civil War Saeculum: "The Era of Good Feeling" JasonBlack 0 851 03-31-2022, 12:51 PM
Last Post: JasonBlack
  Rate the Millennial Saeculum Blazkovitz 12 5,589 04-22-2020, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  COVID-19 versus the 1918 Influenza Pandemic Increase Mather 14 6,482 04-04-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Increase Mather
  The Great Power Saeculum 4T X_4AD_84 12 11,193 09-19-2016, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Odin