Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
death rates of white middle class American males
Yes, I hear you. The 16-year malaise, however, was mainly noticeable before 2008 only among those who opposed the Bush cabal. The economy recovered from the dot com bust without much trouble, though it was an anemic recovery. And the malaise represents a social mood, which defines a turning, not a generation.

Theory adherents will need to do more research on this, but it will not consist of info and ideas about the events, trends and moods of the years after 2000. It will consist of the behaviors of the children and parents born in which particular years.

Meanwhile I am very much satisfied with the year 2008 as the 4T start, which is also the year (and month) I predicted it to start here on the forum. The war on terror did not define a new mood; it was the same old mood. The MIC dominant in society. Nothing new at all. Back to the fifties. Culture wars still a blazin' too; they determined the 2004 election and kept the war monger in power. No change in mood at all. Abortion, Anita Hill and Monica Lewinsky still uppermost in American minds. Not until the great crash did the mood settle in that something is wrong with America. Even then, as the article SomeGuy posted points out, some inside the bubble of prosperity in both parties still don't see it.

By the way I predicted the 9-11 event too decades in advance, although not all the details that I should have predicted. But the essential thing. The war in Afghanistan went on longer than I thought it would, but I never saw it as something that would define a new turning. Wars occur in all turnings; they don't help define a 4T unless they are an existential threat to the nation, and 9-11 was not that.

You can take it to the bank that the 4T in progress will last at least until 2028. And the next prophet generation will begin its birth in 2025, give or take a year.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: death rates of white middle class American males - by Eric the Green - 02-20-2017, 04:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will McCain Death, Midterms & Legal Scandals Finally Be Enough? TheNomad 30 13,785 09-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  The modern credo of the American worker sbarrera 1 1,993 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event? TheNomad 31 15,687 07-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  The End of White Christian America Eric the Green 4 5,123 12-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Last Post: FLBones
  Five myths about class in America Odin 1 2,743 07-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How America Became Infatuated With a Cartoonish Idea of ‘Alpha Males’ Odin 20 20,928 05-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54