Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Democrats lost the working class
I agree with your comments, so I'll just respond to one small point.

(08-23-2017, 05:40 PM)Mikebert Wrote: ... Democratic elites solved this problem last 4T. They had a more advantageous starting position since the Republicans of that time did not object to tax increases. But they had the disadvantage of not knowing what to do. I believe Democrats can still do a New Deal type policy if faced with the situation (described above) that makes it politically possible. This is because FDR is still a Democratic hero, despite the fact that he was head of a racist party. But I fear the social justice warriors, who may soon make this impossible by making FDR the equivalent of Robert Lee.

This is my greatest concern. The economic elite are fully invested in neoliberalism, and the cultural elite in social justice. The two are not completely compatible but they aren't antagonistic either, so the economic elites, caring solely about economic matters, have accepted the social justice model. Trump has pulled that scab off the body politic, and set the SJW types in direct opposition to the white nationalists. Note how little this impacts the economic model.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Democrats lost the working class - by David Horn - 08-25-2017, 09:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Democrats and Republicans want Mickey123 53 36,241 04-15-2018, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Warren Dew