Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-16-2019, 08:58 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Speaker of the House is arguably the second-most powerful person in America. If not on specific functions, it is for legislation and oversight of the conduct of the Executive Branch. It is no mere ceremonial role; Nancy Pelosi is responsible as the highest-ranking Democrat and head of a House of Congress when in opposition to the President. 

Unless she has changed since 2011, I have never thought of her as a weak figure in American government. She impresses me as a chilly rationalist, which does not define one as a strong leader, but chilly rationality seems to be a hallmark of every strong and benign leader that I have ever known of in political leadership. If you see her as weak, then you stand to be burned. Besides, some of us liberals are tougher characters than you might think. Many liberals did the manly thing against the gangster regimes of Hitler, Mussolini, and Tojo.  

Illegal citizens? I think you misspoke. You probably mean 'illegal aliens'. if an illegal alien does real work, obeys the law on matters other than citizenship status, and speaks passable English, then he may never be detected. Even a commonplace conviction for DUI or minor drug violations as good for deportation. An American-born citizen who commits plenty of crimes has no fear of being  sent back to some other country.

Illegal aliens have children, and many of those children are citizens by birth. We never know which one has promise and which one doesn't. Which kid has a better chance in America -- some kid whose parents are illegal aliens who shower affection on their children and strongly promote learning among their kids -- or white children born to parents heavily involved in meth, who inspire contempt for the legal system and defend their children's inadequate performance in school? I'm talking about parents who let their kids stay up until half-past Letterman and console their kids who say "that mean English teacher has us doing homework again.
She's a political schemer, a backroom deal maker and a major threat to those on the Democratic side who are foolish enough to oppose her and the views of wealthy blue political donors who she represents for the most part. But, she's not much of an actual leader per say. You ever see how she acts when the heat/pressure/emphasis is on her. She babbles, says stupid stuff and acts like a snotty teenager. Well, I'm not all that interested in the opinions or positions of a spoiled rich bitch who acts like a  over protected female who reminds me of a teenage girl and someone who would support a fascist in order to keep her wealth and privilege. As far a political power, the Senate has power over her at this point because the fate of strengthening American border security is in their hands at this point and the Senate has power over the House in general because nothing gets passed without Senate approval. What you have to be concerned about are  Democratic voters and traditional non voters who may have shared your view of Trump a couple of years ago who have seen and have been watching a president who they didn't trust enough to vote for in 2016 who has been actually trying to deliver on the campaign campaign promises that he made to the American working class voters who supported him.

I didn't misspeak, I chose terms that I thought were more closely related to the so-called liberals view of them instead of mine. I'm quite capable of viewing things/people the same way as the so-called liberals. But you're right, I do view them as illegal aliens who have no legal right to be here at all. I view them as people who don't have a right to receive healthcare benefits or welfare entitlements or the right to take away classroom space or the attention of American teachers or other educational resources away from an American student/school or view them as having the right to infringe upon the rights of American citizens and the right to screw up or severely impact the lives of American citizens. How long is it going to be before we start hearing and seeing and talking about bad stuff that's happening to so-called liberal officials and so-called liberal groups or so-called liberals in general? I think the blues or so-called liberals have a major wake up call that'll be coming their way one way or another that will be beginning to occur not so far down the road.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 01-17-2019, 12:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,126 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,581 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,622 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,897 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,833 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,249 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,660 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,043 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green