Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(12-31-2021, 01:28 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(12-27-2021, 12:03 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I don't know whether your Trump cult or the people that you call RINOs will be leaving the GOP. You can trust that we Democrats aren't going to soil ourselves in purging the "RINOs". At the least they seem to concur with us that liberty is more precious than getting one's way in a certain political cycle. We may need them to protect civil liberties even at the expense of social progress because if we lose our freedom,. then social progress will be either moot or moribund. One way or the other, whether by driving the totalitarian-roaders into a fringe party that loses relevance every year (example: by 1968 one of the few members of the National States' Rights Party that had formed to support segregation in 1948 was none other than James Earl Ray, assassin of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.), becoming the core of a conservative but anti-fascist GOP, becoming a Third Party that becomes the second main party while it rebuilds its political 'farm system' or generally goes Democratic for now... we will have a consensus among most Americans that violence, bigotry,  demagoguery, and Bolshevik-style ruthlessness have no rule in American life... as was so before Trump and must be so again.

If your idea of a Republican 'house-cleaning' is something like a Night of the Long Knives or a Stalinist purge, then you have some weird idea of what it means to be an American. I have far more in common with an Iranian liberal than I have with an American fascist or Stalinist. I believe in law and order as a necessity for freedom, civil liberties, and domestic tranquility. Lynch mobs are not law and order.  

By the way -- clean up your filthy language! Write as if your children could be reading your material; somebody else's children could be reading it.

Why would I speak to a Left Wing adult  as if they were children? PB, I don't care about you or the other blue stooges left at this point. Dude, you would have a hard time fitting in with the American liberals these days. I mean, you and I have little to nothing in common at this point. In case you haven't been paying attention, the Democrat's have been busy trashing/trampling the civil liberties of all kinds of Americans all over the country since Biden and his ilk took office.

Tell me, then, why I should admire Donald Trump. Trump's puerile mockery of the handicapped and war veterans who have had some bad consequences of serving their country serves no viable purpose except to show how low his "emotional quotient" is. I can fully understand people who think that America would be more prosperous if it accepted more poverty due to low wages and greater insecurity of unemployment as well as a gutting of welfare and Social Security because people would be more willing to work super-cheap. I simply disagree with them. Such people usually mean well even if their policies would do great harm to many. Trump pushed bad medical advice as a substitute for wearing masks, social distancing, and vigilant hand-washing. 

As for the vile language: you can write or speak without using it. The most recent time in which I used the F-bomb was when I got a phone-call purporting to tell me that I had a virus on my computer that I had to remove. Such is a fraud, and I saw fit to make life miserable for the person who has to listen to responses. People who do such dishonest stuff need to find honest work, no matter how humble the pay. Dirty money usually becomes cursed. That was three years ago.   

One of the best tests for whether your language is appropriate is to ask yourself whether it might be hurtful to children. 

By the way -- it is Donald Trump who did far more to gut civil liberties in America than any President in a long time. 

Quote:So, WTF is wrong with you dude? Why are you to dumb/unable to see it? I suggest that you write as if there's an American adult who is reading your Leftist bullshit that can/will kick your ass, vote to remove you and ship you elsewhere or even kill you if necessary at this point. Dude, you guys are so disconnected from reality that you can't tell that everything you say about us is mainly true about yourselves and the Democrats at this point. It's your life dude.

America is so polarized that about 45% of the people have so little agreement on substantive issues of politics with the opposite 45%. That is a dangerous condition for any country. How many people still believe that the 2020 election was fraudulent? Many still believe that, assuming that the votes counted late were fraudulent votes. No, they came from places like Atlanta, Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Phoenix, and Pittsburgh where the count is manual and Democrats usually run up huge numbers of votes. Should one have expected otherwise? 

The only thing screwy about the 2020 vote was the danger of COVID-19. Courts and State legislatures decided that if people were to vote, then they could rely upon absentee ballots delivered through the mails or drop boxes. Trump tried to mess things up after the vote. He had no excuse. 

Accept it. We Democrats accepted the results of the 2000 and 2016 elections even if there were screwy things going on that we could not quite prove. Claims of electoral fraud require definitive proof, and not some statistical hogwash. 

There are standards of truth. Even if I have suspicions to the contrary, a legal verdict definitively establishes that O J Simpson was not guilty of murdering Nicole Simpson. The results of the elections of 2000 and 2016 are established in law even though some things stink. Medicine is more an art than a science... but I am 100% convinced that getting the two initial shots for COVID-19, and then only after having a very lonely and miserable time dodging a disease that I have good reason to believe would have killed me. I may yet have a happy old age. Considering the many disappointments that I have endured, I deserve that. 

I'm capable of some frank talk. Some topics require that. I can also sugarcoat some language involving sexuality. 

Now I must ask you: do you reject brutal treatment of those who disagree with you because you see no right of others to disagree with you? If you do not reject such a violent or brutal purge of such people then you reject values enshrined in 200+ years of American politics. I do not want America to become like Hitler's Third Reich, Stalin's Soviet Union, or Iraq under Saddam Hussein... or many other monstrosities. I have no desire for any re-education camps of the types that appeared in some countries after a stark change of one sort of a regime to another. Political violence is an anathema in America, and that opinion crosses lines of race, class, religion, and ethnicity. America has plenty of different traditions connected to ethnicity and faith, and I am in no position to see one tradition as more valid than another. But whatever our race, class, religion, or ethnicity we can all agree on the necessity for constitutional restraints upon the State so that it does not rob, beat, or kill people for being the "wrong" sort of person. 

Let me remind you why I became a fervent supporter of LGBT rights. I don't have to be gay. (Well, I could never be a lesbian, but that is a matter of anatomy. I concur with lesbians on a commonplace attitude among them: Men, yuck!). I don't have to understand homosexuality or desire gay sex. (Again: Men, yuck!). I understand gay-bashing all too well; it is a denial of the fundamental responsibility of us all to avoid doing unmerited violence. OK, break into my house, and if I have Mr. "R. Ottweiler" or "Ms. D. Oberman" staying home while I am at the grocery store on a hot day, I'm not going to be surprised to see a trail of blood that the dog exacted with Razors of Mouth and Paw.  But that's the Dog Way, and we all know the rules with a large, territorial predator, do we not? I have been threatened with grievous bodily harm for homosexuality. Yes, I am a big coward and run away from fights. Of course I have found that that is what the military tells soldiers, so maybe it isn't all that cowardly. 

The problem isn't that someone thought that I was gay.  People misidentify others seemingly all the time. I have experienced gay passes, only to respond as politely as possible, "Sorry, I am not interested".   The problem was that the creep thought it acceptable to rob, beat, and kill gays.  Whatever it takes to promote the necessary dignity of people who have done nothing wrong, I support. We can choose non-violence or we can choose brutality. Non-violence is essential to the law and order that makes human rights and civil liberties something other than a pipe dream.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 12-31-2021, 02:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,346 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,582 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,898 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,252 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,054 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green