Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-06-2022, 05:19 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Republicans perpetrated the Putsch. We Democrats have no responsibility to exculpate participants. 

Joe Biden was lawfully elected President and Kamala Harris was lawfully elected Vice-President in accordance with extant laws. Those laws made electoral fraud far more difficult this time than in other elections. Dead people who voted early often got their ballots disqualified. 

81 million Americans (maybe not "your" idea of what constitutes "American", but that is not your judgment to make; existing law, including the Constitution, does) voted for someone whom you hold in contempt. You are free to hold President Biden in contempt just as I am free to hold former President Trump in contempt so long as I do nothing to threaten or do violence against him. By the way -- I want those who erected a gallows in front of the Capitol and shouted "Hang Mike Pence!" to go to prison. I excuse no violence against those politicians with whom I disagree. 

81 million Americans were more than enough to offset the votes of 74 million Americans who voted for Donald Trump even with the distortion inherent in the Electoral College that our Constitution has established to determine who will win. We have had two elections (2000 and 2016) in which the Democratic nominee got more votes than the Republican nominee... and we Democrats have recognized the validity of the elections because such is the result of the law. You are free to believe that President Biden is a horrible President, just as I had a right to believe that Donald Trump was a horrible President. President Trump did much to justify my early misgivings about him, but he was lawfully elected President. 

Maybe Republicans need to learn more about the signs of poor character, intellectual laziness, and personal vileness that ensure that a potential nominee for President will be a disaster as President. Trump came close to being re-elected President because 47% of Americans for some reason could excuse his awfulness as a person and leader. Roughly one million votes (of over 159 million) evenly shifted across the states would have swung Arizona, Georgia, and Wisconsin to Donald Trump. That is only 0.64%. Yes, it was that close -- less than the number of votes for third-party nominees and entities such as "Jesus Christ", "Darth Vader", and... whatever. (It is unrealistic that the critical votes would have all shifted in those three states alone). Much of the critical vote that got Joe Biden elected comes from people whom you do not consider "American". 

If you do not like the result of the last election, then you have several options:

1.  suicide, which means that you can do nothing to change things
2.  terrorism, which is likely to get you killed or sentenced to a long prison term in which case your political values are no longer important 
3.  emigration, which may be difficult due to problems with language, cuisine and culture 
4   trying to mitigate the effects, such as aiding the lawful opposition
5.  working to change the political realities through upcoming elections, lobbying, etc.
6.  using your economic rights to achieve your economic ends through non-political means and your freedom of expression to try to convince pepole that you are right and the opposition is wrong

Most of us are stuck with #6 even if we have the politicians that we want elected. You are doing a poor job of convincing us that Trump is wonderful with your vile language and colorful metaphors of violence.

I'm not upset about the result of the last election. As a matter of fact, I couldn't have asked for a better scenario then the one that's playing out in front of everyone these days. Think about it, we have a group of blue stooges fucking themselves at every turn how aren't going have much of a country left by the time they figure out that they've lost I've never said that he was wonderful or said you have to like him or support him or accept him if/when reelected.  Was FDR wonderful as you say or was FDR a ruthless/careless asshole capable of asserting his authority? If you're looking for someone wonderful, you're not going to find them during the 4T.

Was Biden lawfully elected? How many election laws were illegally changed to help him get elected? How many tech giants with special protections eliminated 1sr Amendment rights of American citizens and blocked or banned information related to him to help him get elected? How much Left Wing violence was tolerated or supported to help him get elected? You may view all of that as lawful but I don't.

Like I said, you better start paying more attention to them now that your life and well being are directly related to them. Was he even mentally fit to run for office to begin with? Like I said, a bunch of blue stooges like you living in Germany voted for Hitler. How many of them knew they were voting for an evil dictator at the time? It's kind of funny how the so called defenders of democracy are doing everything in their power to destroy the democratic system that we have and establish themselves as a ruling party. Guess what, millions of Americans are well aware of it and expecting the GOP to do something about it and there are also expectations being placed on some Democratic politicians too.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 01-06-2022, 10:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,401 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,584 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,255 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,055 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green