Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-07-2022, 03:34 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: Classic X'er, have you listened to the introduction of Kamala Harris and the measured speech of President Biden? He ripped your idol as thoroughly as is possible for the violation of norms essential over 200-some years for American democracy. Elections beyond certifiable doubt are to be accepted, as we Democrats did in 2000 and 2016. We have always had a peaceful transition from one President to the next.

We can accept the results that we dislike not out of hopelessness but instead out of respect for the elections that define who the President is. Our elections are, for most of us, the sole expression that many of us have of democracy. Should the elections become irrelevant because their results are negated or because the elections are denied, then our elections become void and so does democracy.

One year after the Putsch and almost a year into the Biden Presidency, we still hear from some that Donald Trump is still rightly President despite the lack of evidence of any significant miscounting of the vote. We have never had that problem before.

In a despotic kingdom or an outright dictatorship, all might be about the Leader. Such was so with Nero, Ivan the Terrible, Henry VIII, Wilhelm II, Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Castro, Mengistu, Idi Amin, Pinochet, Khomeini, or Saddam Hussein. It has never gone well. It would not go well here just because this is America. It would not be the America that you know. Even if the ideology and  your beloved White Power are achieved, then you might be at risk if you grumble or slack off.

Donald Trump has done what all dictators have done: he has lied about everything that does not fit his idea of how the world must work. Reality may be inconvenient, but what else do we have?
I listened to them but it was pretty clear that neither of them were speaking to me. You can listen to them along with the other 35% still listening to them and continue going down the toilet along with them. You elected them so you're stuck with them. Me, I'm moving on like the majority of Americans and determining options along with everyone else who isn't in your position.

Hint: Trump doesn't have to wait til 2024 to run as our President. He could start running right now and represent 2/3 of the country. I don't know where that would leave Biden/Harris or the ilk in Washington DC. Dude, we are inching our way towards civil war. Do you have any idea or a clue what you're going to be dying/sacrificing for these days? Is the right to steel from others worth dying/sacrificing for? Do you see where you at (which side you are on) PB? How many of your German relatives did my American aunts and uncles kill PB? Now you've got Asperger's like one of my nephews, I'd sure hate to kill or inflict major suffering on someone who ain't playing with a full deck PB.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 01-07-2022, 12:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,342 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,582 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,898 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,252 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,054 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green