Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-07-2022, 12:39 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Ain't it the truth!

I've been in the Capitol on a tour, and I had great reverence for its history as a place in which many of the defining moments in American history were made. This is where Congress approved treaties annexing land or ending wars... and of course determining that the soldiers putting their lives at risk for their country had the supplies that they needed. This is where many of the great debates were made on Social Security, the GI Bill, civil rights, and Medicare were made. You may dislike what goes on at times, but we usually get things right.

The putschists are a great disgrace to America. Maybe they failed to fully understand what they were doing, as this is without precedent -- for reasons that most of us well understood beforehand. Many of us know now, especially as jail and prison terms get imposed. I have heard some invoking white privilege as an excuse; what schmucks!

Much was said, but nothing resembles what one might have expected from Everett Dirksen or Barack Obama in the Senate. I've seen the Capitol Police, and they seemed more like tour guides because most people have typically held the Capitol as a place of deep reverence. Had the putschists succeeded there might never be room for the sorts of people that I mentioned as Senators from Illinois.
The government is a disgrace for the most part these days. I mean, look at all the shit the government supports and allows to go on today. You're upset and appalled, Me, I wasn't surprised and summed it up as a bunch of morons receiving a dose of their own. Like I said, I wouldn't want to be you or Eric knowing where most Americans are at as far as the government goes, PB, I don't if you are up to par on current events but there are two large groups of people with no love loss between them. Hint: I'm related to one and you're related to the other and there's a group of independents (mainly moderate Democrats and moderate Democrats who switched parties over abortion or whatever) but they're pretty much irrelevant at this point. You should start checking the information your being fed by the Democratic party. The bulk of it is outdated and irrelevant. I'm not continually fed information like you guys.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 01-07-2022, 02:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,423 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,584 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,255 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,056 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green