Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-07-2022, 03:11 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-07-2022, 12:59 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-06-2022, 08:30 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Biden didn't sound senile at all today as he nailed Trump to the wall in his speech on the anniversary of his attempted coup. I don't even call it an insurrection, because such might be laudible against a real tyrant that had seized power, as is happening today in Kazakhstan and has been tried in countless other countries recently where democracy had been stolen or never allowed. But this was a tyrant using lies to turn everything upside down in the heads of fools like Classic Xer so that a demagogue tyrant could seize power. It failed, but still threatens to happen again.

Regarding Biden: he's too old to run again ... period!  It's not that he can't do the work.  It's more a case of being too old to inspire the youth, and they need a huge jump-start.  Who can do it is open to discussion.  They rallied around Bernie, the oldest guy in the race, last time.  It isn't physical age so much as emotional age, and Biden is a Silent through and through.  I suspect it will be a firebrand next time, and good luck getting him or her elected.  Then again, we need to see that kind of passion and thought, or nothing will ever change.
He can't do the work. He's not making sound decisions. He doesn't seem to know what's going on most of the time. He shouldn't be President...Period. OK, he is what he is and most of the country is well aware of his condition. BTW, I didn't think the Biden charade would last very long. As a matter of fact, I told you guys that he wasn't going to make it a full term. So, what's America supposed to do while he's in office and those who elected him and those who sealed the deal anyway so to speak.

Did you see Biden's speech? He didn't sound senile to me. He came out fighting. So why say he's too old, David, upon hearing that speech? That should be reassuring.

Who is going to run if Biden does not? Kamala Harris has zero chance of being elected. Horoscope scores are reliable; she has 3-17, one of the poorest scores ever. Events have already proved this. She is less popular in polls than Biden. Her previous campaign failed because her audiences were bored and stopped coming and her funds dried up even before the primary. She was chosen for her demographic categories. That isn't enough to win. Landrieu and McAuliffe are the only Democratic candidates who can beat Trump or the other strong Republican candidates like Tim Scott and Tom Cotton (or even Marco Rubio), and they don't seem able or willing to run. I don't see any basis to say that who can "inspire" the youth "is open to discussion". There's no-one available, period.

We are stuck with Biden through January 2029. Millennials, the biggest part of the electorate by far by 2025, won't need to be that impressed by an inspiring candidate in order to vote; in 2020 they voted for Biden in the general and flaked out on Sanders in the primary. They are slowly learning civic virtue as a civic generation, so they will vote on issues and principles, of which the first is democracy (of which the Democrats are the champions, and Republicans are the opponents).

We can't afford a Republican as president when the needed decisions on climate change have not been made, and we have only a few months now to make them. We'll likely need to make much more progress in 2025. We can't afford a Republican as president when that Party is making great headway to destroy our democracy by putting party hacks in as election officials and empowering legislators to steal electoral votes. Nov.2024 to Jan 2025 will be the peak of the 4T Crisis, centering on potential civil war. We can't afford to have a Republican put in as president at a time when we need to have the various armed forces of the state in Democratic hands to forestall an armed revolt or another attempted takeover by Classic Xer's right-wing militias.

Biden's weakness now is failure to anticipate events. But that is not his fault alone. His entire adminstration seems a bit asleep at the switch, and Republicans certainly have had nothing to offer in this regard. These events have been hard to anticipate in any event. But some sharper seers need to step up. Somebody needs to prevail upon him to require Pfizer and Moderna to share the vaccine patents with the world. Otherwise another variant will appear. That should be obvious right now, but Biden hasn't acted.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 01-07-2022, 06:00 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,418 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,584 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,255 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,056 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green