Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(02-04-2022, 08:03 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 01:51 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(02-02-2022, 01:48 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 06:40 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 10:30 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: That's going to be hard to do now that you and Biden  are an inoculation or two behind at this point.

That does not compute.

Is there a booster for Delta or Omicron or whatever variant shows up and takes it toll on the elderly population next? Haven't you been paying attention or learning anything new these days? How do you stay one inoculation ahead when you're at least one inoculation if not two behind at this point?

COVID is a metaphor.  The inoculation needed is political; look out the window.

I understand that it's political and always has been political with you guys. You tried forcing inoculations on healthy people and you lost. OK, you have some blue school districts still clinging to their mask mandates and threatening parents with legal action and threatening to detain and quarantine children who come to school without masks. I'd say that's child abuse. The Royal Blues used fear to help blues acquire that power. I guess the Reds and Purples can also use fear as means to relinquish that power. I know that you don't like to hear that but it's true. I mean, what comes around, goes around right.

One takes the inoculation to avoid serious consequences from a dangerous disease. Do you have a problem with the polio vaccine being given to healthy people? Do you believe that people with good driving records should not buy auto insurance? 

Sure, soldier... you are healthy enough, so you should not concern yourself with land mines or machine-gun fire. 

COVID-19 is no more a metaphor than a rattlesnake. Rattlers back off from us if they have the chance. COVID-19 does not. 

I drive defensively. I assume that when I drive there is some drunk driver with my name on his bumper. Three days ago, as I was out to do some personal business before an impending snowstorm I slowed down because a UPS truck was stopped partially in my lane for a delivery. Someone in another vehicle saw me slowing down to pass that stopped delivery truck and recognized an opportunity to cut into traffic in front of me. That inattentive driver slammed his vehicle into the UPS truck and I slammed on my brakes as hard as possible. I knew that that SUV was going to crash into that truck and I was scared that if I did not stop fast enough I would end up rear-ending the SUV.

I got to call 911 and report what happened, and I am reasonably certain that the local police has issued a costly traffic ticket, and that that fellow's insurance rate will go up sharply. It was so obvious that I was reaching into my pocket for my cell phone. 

Well, some driver for UPS will at least be exonerated.     

Wearing masks and getting inoculated should not be a political or culture issue: it should be an issue of public health and nothing more.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 02-05-2022, 12:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,432 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,584 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,255 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,056 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green