Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
Eric the Green
(02-21-2022, 09:25 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 07:47 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(02-09-2022, 01:53 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: You got one crisis related problem right. Any clue which one it is? Have you ever watched The View? If you do, you are watching a group of prejudice women (its pretty obvious) associated with the Democratic party or Acirema. You would fit right in with Them if you were a female or looked like a female today, Why are you clinging to old narratives and non solutions when you know it isn't the American Way.

As I've seen it, there are at least two problems.  One has a strong moral element for the common people, such as slavery.  One has a monetary elite element, such as putting the political power in industrial hands rather than agricultural so the robber barons could profit.  When the purpose of the Civil War is discussed, you see slavery emphasized in the north, and the role of the elites in the south.  I see both.  As we hit slavery hard, we enabled the robber barons.  Similarly the Revolution dealt with both democracy and colonial imperialism.  So with FDR's time with economics and containment.  Can you really see only one?  You should really look into America, get less obsessed with your own imagination.

The Red affinity for prejudice and saving money by not providing services can stand for the stay the same faction in the current crisis.  The flip side would be equality and the government working for the people.  If you want to go with prejudice and inaction, it is your choice, but I warn you it is not the American choice.

Also is your imaginary Acirema really backing death, criminality, polution, autocracy and obsolete infrastructure?  Normally you separate yourself half way from the Trump perspective, but you are still with Trump all the way?  I have the feeling that the criminal justice system is running a bit slow deliberately so the message of it will be unmistakable by the 2022 and 2024 elections.  The bright move for a Red politician involves crossing Trump enough to set yourself up as a replacement, avoiding crossing Trump while he still has a following, and making your move as the following vanishes.  I expect it is coming, and those who are still riding Trump's coat tails are painting themselves into a corner.

Prejudice is not disliking oppressors.  I have never watched The View, but if you can wrap yourself around America's history of white male oppression, you might understand how points of view other than your own developed.
You talk like you're innocent of being involved with oppression. You're a Liberal white male on the Democratic side right. Yes, you should take your own advice and study up on American history and learn how Americans have dealt with oppression throughout it's history. Like I said, you are fortunate that a couple Democratic Senators were smart enough to understand that being recognized as Americans by millions of American voters was more important to them as individuals than being recognized as Progressives or as Democratic party loyalists at this particular time in American history.

Classic Xer, what do you know about white people oppressing blacks and people of color generally in the USA in history?

One thing is has been hard to wrap my head around, is why women were denied the vote in the USA until the exact date of my own Mother's birth. What possible basis for this oppression could be asserted?

I don't know anything about white people oppressing blacks and people of color. I live in a modern day suburb with black people and other people of color who have the same freedoms, similar core values and similar income levels as the white people who live in the area. I guess that's the reason why we get along and no longer judge each other by skin color for the most part.  There seems to be a major disconnect between what you and others say about oppressing blacks and other people of color and what the rest of know and see in real life. The Democrats of old once viewed women as property just like Democrats of old once viewed the slaves as property. The Democratic party still seems to have a hold over both of them ( blacks and women in general) but that's in the process of changing as you or the Democrats above you probably know or figured out by now.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 02-22-2022, 02:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,419 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,584 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,255 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,056 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green