Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(02-22-2022, 02:05 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I don't know anything about white people oppressing blacks and people of color. I live in a modern day suburb with black people and other people of color who have the same freedoms, similar core values and similar income levels as the white people who live in the area. I guess that's the reason why we get along and no longer judge each other by skin color for the most part.  There seems to be a major disconnect between what you and others say about oppressing blacks and other people of color and what the rest of know and see in real life. The Democrats of old once viewed women as property just like Democrats of old once viewed the slaves as property. The Democratic party still seems to have a hold over both of them ( blacks and women in general) but that's in the process of changing as you or the Democrats above you probably know or figured out by now.

It used to be the norm. Even a relatively-privileged black person at the time such as W E B Dubois or Lena Horne knew well that once out of a relatively-sheltered world things could be nasty. Jim Crow practice is still within the memory of living people; contrast the Holocaust, whose last survivors are rapidly dying off. (A hint: Anne Frank would turn 93 this year had she survived... and she came close to surviving). I'm old enough to remember the bombing of a church in Birmingham, Alabama with the result of three innocent black girls being killed. I was seven, but I was old enough to pass judgment upon the fascist pigs (KKK) who did that on behalf of segregation and White Supremacy.

There is now a relatively large black bourgeoisie that now does well. It gets plenty of respect from wise white people. Obviously it must do much well to offset what was a slow start for its ancestors. Still, plenty of stupid and cruel white people lurk outside of the safe havens of the black bourgeoisie. A certain ugly word is not quite dead, and there are still dirty looks at "mixed couples" with biracial children. (The black bourgeoisie does much intermarriage). As for blacks not so well off there are the commonplace assumptions of cruel and stupid white people, and for such blacks there are even fewer safe havens -- maybe a place of worship.

The Democrats of old? Southern whites of all classes used to be hostile to the Party of Lincoln first for abolishing slavery and then for impoverishing the South through high tariffs. Recognize also that the segregationist pols also were slow to do such things as invest in schools, sewers, roads, and public health. To keep from doing any good for black people relegated to be super-cheap labor they ended up hurting poor whites. Remember well: white people can also oppress white people.

Know well: in a system like ours, with so much human talent, so much capital invested, so much productive capacity as it has, and so many people as educated as they are, poverty is oppression. White people in the Deep and Mountain South can be just as oppressed as people of color. I'm not going to say that color leads to more problems than alcoholism, addiction, a low IQ, or criminal tendencies. Heck, if I could trade 'my' Asperger's for being black, then I would go black so that I could enjoy a more normal life.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 02-22-2022, 09:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,420 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,584 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,255 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,056 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green