Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(10-07-2022, 11:47 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I laugh about you guys and the Left's obsession with Trump all the time. So, do you know that you spend the bulk of your time doing propaganda ? You're issue ain't Trump. You're issue is the worthless piece of shit that you and others elected to replace him. It's to bad the majority of the country is now paying a significant price for YOUR carelessness and utter stupidity. Like I've said, you can all starve to death, freeze to death, be beaten to death or murdered by ghetto slugs or rounded up, exterminated, grounded up and turned into fertilizer for all that I care at this point. So, I suggest that you enjoy this moment because the road ahead is going to be very rough for all you guys. Now, I'm not on your side as you know. I'm on the American side like I've always been. As I've told you, this is going to boil down to the Americans vs the Democrats and a Democratic population that's mainly aloof, worried about other issues than what matters to most and finding itself in a position of being decimated.

It's Trump who is worthless. 

You have a fantasy of us liberals being killed if we don't accept your vision little different from Donald Trump's syphilitic rants. It's sick. Get help!

I look forward to convincing your kids that what you consider American isn't definitively American. Aside perhaps from English as a language of convenience, about all that is truly American is our Constitutional style of government, free and fair elections, and (in general) free enterprise -- and a respect for the rule of law which allows people very different from each other to get along. 

I took a road-trip that took me through Chicago and the southern part of Wisconsin. Small towns in Wisconsin are mostly lily-white (although I did have lunch in a Mexican restaurant -- the food is tasty and inexpensive... ownership and staff seemed nice enough), but I look as if I could fit in among the Anglo majority. Not that that is important. On the way to Wisconsin I went through a Chicago neighborhood going from "Polish" to "Mexican" and saw no obvious stress. I saw the site of the first Lincoln-Douglas debate and the Congressional office of hero Adam Kinzinger.  On the way back I also went to Chicago and ended up in its Chinatown. I was lost, and I asked directions and got them from people friendly enough. 

As far as I could tell people that diverse are not at each others' throats. Of course I did see a news story from Scary (Freudian slip) Gary, Indiana. Four murders in three different gun-related incidents in one day.  That sort of behavior really is un-American because it is lawless. Maybe it should be easier to get a job, welfare, or a college education than to get a firearm. It isn't race; most blacks hate that sort of violence. Needless to say I had no desire to see the birthplace of the Jackson family in Gary strong enough to offset my fear of a truly and tragically dangerous place. .

What really is American is that we may be different, but we are not after each others' throats. We may recognize our obvious differences in religion and ethnic origin, but we recognize people who look much unlike ourselves as no less American than ourselves. E pluribus unum has a subtly different meaning today than it did in 1787 when it was thirteen recent colonies and by 1791 one former independent republic (Vermont).
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 10-07-2022, 01:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,487 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,584 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,255 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,059 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green