Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(11-17-2022, 06:39 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: This is far better than your apparent dream of an economy that makes prosperity only for the Rich and Powerful aside from what those elites deem necessary to keep the proles alive to continue working perhaps 60 hours a week until they are worn out by age 40 so that their kiddies can work in the Dark Satanic Mills. Maybe small farmers survive only to be taxed savagely so that they must work over 80 hours a week to maintain the faced of independence (the food is being requisitioned for next-to-nothing for sale by the corrupt elites or to feed a war machine intent on imposing a perverse version of an American Way of sort-of-Life on people who have every cause to resist it. 

I am convinced that any economic collapse will have its origin in the failure of bureaucratized, inflexible, corrupt organizations recently described as Too Big to Fail that might not face a government to bail out entities too corrupt to compete or too inflexible to adapt. When that happens we are going to find that many shareholders find their assets worthless and executives who can never explain what they are achieving other than to bar competition with them for roles at the top find themselves fired -- while at the same time the investment firms that hold their retirement accounts in what were recently "good stocks" are unable to make the pension payments. 

Who is going to survive? People who do honest work, people who can see what they are doing as toilers and small-scale entrepreneurs. As the (right-wing) science-fiction writer Robert Heinlein put it, society divides into "makers, takers, and fakers". Of course plenty of corporate bureaucrats who drain the life out of corporate behemoths through bloated bureaucracies are both takers and fakers. In the 1930's America had a government that had to connect its tax-collection with doing obvious good for people, and plenty of small businesses came into being. After all, high-quality labor was available cheaply; real estate was cheap, as were supplies and machinery; merchandise was available at fire-sale prices without the smoky aroma. If you started a retail business your employees would try to get their extended families to shop or eat there to help keep those employees at work. We'd see plenty of cottage industries appearing in the wreckage of beached-whale businesses.  

Those who do not do heavy work or own their own shops    

As for Afghanistan, the nominally-independent government of Afghanistan was riddled with military officers who had to choose between resisting the Taliban and being hanged for military resistance along with their families or to submit to Taliban subjection. Trump cut the deal.

Donald Trump is still a horrible person, and had he let the normal course of events take place in a midterm election, then maybe most of us liberals would be looking for ways in which to get out while the leaving is good.  Two questions to ask of any politician:

1. Do his stated values and personal life fit your idea of goodness? If both are OK, then you have other questions. Donald Trump left plenty of signs that he would be a dreadful President such as mocking the handicapped, showing support for dictatorial regimes hostile to American and other democracy, and disrespecting military service. His family life? Fine -- if you want a Borgia-style or even Gotti-style family. (I'm not knocking Italian-Americans, most of whom want nothing to do with Mafia types). It is hard for me to imagine anyone calling himself a defender of "Christian" family values supporting that rogue.

2. Does he have a political record supporting high public office? Except for knowing whom to bribe, Trump knew nothing about governing. Business does not count.  Businesses fire people all the time; the President cannot fire a letter carrier or demand a dishonorable discharge for a soldier who shows 'inadequate' enthusiasm for him, let alone a federal judge or any elected official. Government must work with what is already there because of the political process or civil-service rules. 

3. Is he an extremist? Then if so -- it is a clear no. 

After that you are on your own. Trump failed on all three.

The American economy has worked pretty good for me and just about everyone that I know (Democrats, Republicans and Independents) so far. I doubt it has worked as well for you and those who vote Democrat on the basis of survival. As I've mentioned before, I don't vote Republican on the basis of survival or economics (lively hood is directly attached to federal or state funding one way or another) so to speak. I'm in the group of taxpayers that pay the bulk of the taxes and we both know what the result is going to be when the Democrats ( the more greedy, power hungry and the more reliant on higher levels of taxation of the two parties) and their supporters find out that they're on verge of losing most of them and facing the distinct possibility of a nasty civil war with millions of American revolutionaries dedicated to preserving/defending the founding principles principles freedom and the American way of life. Time will prove that you are on the wrong side of the conflict that's coming regardless of political outcome. Like I said, you are on the verge of giving me the freedom to kill your dumb ass. It's kind of funny that a college boy like yourself ain't smart enough aka wise enough to figure that out yourself. BTW, the majority of those who own shops are either doing the heavy work themselves or did the heavy themselves before growing and becoming more successful as a busing and being able to afford others doing it for them. It's funny how an old college boy like yourself ain't smart enough to know that either.

Here's what we know about Biden to date , Biden has already proven to be a weak and largely incompetent leader or in layman's a colossal fuck up/failure aka A Big Mistake. Now, I understand that the Republicans who signed off on his election and are more or less attached to his success/failure and whatever has been agreed upon and passed so far have no alternative than to continue going along, keeping quiet about all the Democratic related shit America has been seeing for the last three years and continue supporting like they've been doing while Biden has been in office. As goes Biden, so goes them and they understand that if Biden and their neo liberal based system fails that they're all toast and they'd be better off dead than being caught and facing the consequences associated with a colossal failure. To be honest, I think America will opt to wash its hand and move on as a new nation and leave Washington DC and the Democratic states behind to deal with they're own demise. Like I said, it won't take long for the American states to ratify the US Constitution and purchase the original document from a failing or failed Democratic state.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 11-18-2022, 02:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,454 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,584 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,835 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,255 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,057 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green