Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(11-20-2022, 01:56 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(11-20-2022, 12:57 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: I'm not all that left-wing. I firmly believe in law and order without which civil liberties are mere cant. I believe that precedent and protocol are the best guides for making judicial decisions. I trust small-scale enterprise more than I trust either a monopolist, a cartel, or the State as an owner and operator of productive enterprises. I believe that old standards of morality are guides until something other than selfish desire compels one to believe otherwise. I recognize that any significant achievement requires above-average sacrifice as investment or training. I believe in the hierarchy of competence as a rationale for paying those who do their non-trivial jobs well better than those who do not show lesser or less-remarkable competence. I prefer reason to anger and foolishness. I distrust demagogues. 

If I disagree with some ostensibly conservative agenda, I certainly believe in old standards of educational merit and in personal conduct (generally including manners) consistent with the tried-and-true. When change is necessary, it usually becomes a new conservative norm. When the avant-garde fails, then tradition is a usually the best fallback.     
You're not all that Left Wing? Are you sure about that, ever read/seen one of your own posts? I have and you're pretty much Left Wing. Guess what, Americans are going to have the right to kill Left Wingers. They already do, it just hasn't been made official yet. Biden and his ill-fated ilk are moving America closer to making it official EVERY DAY they're in power. So, what's the chances of a president or an attorney general surviving when about half the country wants them dead and a portion of the country doesn't care if they die? How close are we to that college boy? I'd say we are getting pretty close myself.

We are going to persist in achieving the changes we need to keep our democracy, economy and climate sustainable, regardless of violent threats from your side, and if you guys and your militias pursue a violent course-- if we are smart enough to keep the state on our side--, we will fight and jail you or whatever is necessary to stop you and we will take your guns permanently away from you.

I think Brower's statements are enough to show that he is not a crazy far leftist, but considerate and rational, which is a kind of conservatism. That you overlook this and make violent statements Mr. Classic is evidence that you are an extreme, crazy right-winger.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 11-20-2022, 06:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,548 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,588 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,625 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,899 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,836 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,261 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,662 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,064 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green