Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(09-07-2016, 03:23 PM)taramarie Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 09:47 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(09-07-2016, 06:56 AM)Odin Wrote: Usually if everyone around you seems like an asshole, then the actual asshole is you. Rolleyes

Bingo!

What people say about the rest of humanity as a whole  says what that person is himself. One of the simplest tests for trustworthiness among retail sales clerks (people surrounded by all the accoutrements of wealth on the job, large amounts of money going into the till, much fabricated glamour,  yet so badly underpaid that they can never expect to get them) is to ask what proportion of humanity is generally trustworthy. The trustworthy people tell you that employee pilferage is done by very few people. The dishonest ones say in effect "Doesn't everyone steal?"

In mental wards many of the patients might tell you that they are the only sane person in the asylum.

I can only imagine what child molesters have to say about the 'normality' of their perversion.

If you really want people to expose the scorpions in their souls, then ask them about people of religion (especially Judaism) or ethnicity different from themselves.
Or it could be that some have been let down my so many people whether stealers or unreliable people that they assume people are just going to keep it up or have doubts that they will be reliable and show up on time. Experience is a teacher and not everything is black and white as it seems. For me, i am trust worthy and reliable because i like to be what many others seem to not be from so many letting me down. I always give them chances. Several in fact because I cannot judge that they will not be untrustworthy if i do not know them. But all too often people let me down. I txt the person that i am coming. Text when i am nearly there too and the place and exact time. I ended up with that behaviour early on because of so many not showing up. I put being trustworthy in everything (relationships, not stealing, being honest, not cheating on someone, sometimes it does make me quite blunt (hi Eric)). But do I trust others will be the same? No. Because from my experience only one person was like that with me. Everyone else, despite me giving them a chance to prove they value being honest and on time, are not and it is unfortunate.

There are criminal subcultures in America... people who see a job as an excuse for stealing. The thieves may be very reliable about coming in on time... the longer that they are at work, the more opportunity they have to fleece the employer, vendors, customers, or clients.

Those subcultures are tiny subsets of America, and not as a rule 'poor, oppressed minorities'. Those grifters include dopers.

Stores which pay little and expose employees to plentiful opportunities for pilferage, were looking for means of rejecting possible thieves without discriminating based upon race, the latter not a bona fide means of choosing between groups of workers and a potential cause of law suits for discrimination.

Drug tests, supposedly intended to cull out people who use drugs that compromise workplace safety and overall productivity, also cull out potential thieves. So many of us know enough to not have a poppy-seed bagel (which allegedly will give off a positive test for opiates) before taking a drug test. Dopers, whatever their ethnicity, are not only more accident-prone but also more likely to steal and have high rates of absenteeism. Use of drugs also correlates some to alcoholism.

Having worked in retail soon after graduating from college (d@mned undiagnosed Asperger's!), I can tell you that retail sales clerks are among the laziest, stupidest, materialistic, and hollowest people that you will ever meet in the workplace. Those who don't fit that pattern simply took the job in desperation and believe that it is easier to get a job elsewhere if one can work nights and weekends (employers find such people hard to find and will accommodate that) and interview for jobs by day. Some go into the work saying things like "I don't want to be a mere office clerk or assembly-line worker"... and three months later they are happy that they got a job as an office clerk or an assembly-line worker. Turnover is high enough that someone can often get into a low-level managerial job (with similar pay and more responsibility) within a year. But being a 'manager trainee' means little on a curriculum vitae. People who have any intellectual substance or work ethic don't stay on that job for long. "Office clerk" has more promise for someone with a college degree.

Id you wonder why the traditional department store has practically disappeared in America (Kohl's, one of the biggest chains in America, has gone to a grocery-style checkout, which may be good for thwarting shoplifting) ... it's because American shoppers have caught on. If you want good advice on merchandise at Wal*Mart, then ask a fellow customer.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,129 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,581 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,622 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,897 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,833 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,249 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,660 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,045 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green