Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(09-10-2016, 02:26 AM)Galen Wrote: In the case of the bicyclists they seem to think that they are saving the planet and never stop telling you about it. I have been threatened with every possible end of the world scenario and none of them have been even remotely true. 
They ARE true. If we don't stop using fossil fuels, we literally are toast.

Quote:The other thing bicyclists do is ignore traffic laws.  It wouldn't be so bad except they like getting out in the middle of the road and obstructing traffic.  They got the previous Mayor to ignore road maintenance in favor of building bike paths.  During Monsoon season many drivers like to see if they can drown cyclists by driving fast through puddles to thank them for all they have done.

Then THEY are the mean idiots. I hear that your fellow conservatives down south hate bicyclists and chase them down and attack them. And if we had more bike paths, they would get in drivers' way less often. It's a great investment.

Quote:The vegans also go on about saving the planet and how cruelty free they are.  As a consequence they are even more smug about it.  The Seventh Day Adventists do vegetarianism right but they have been at it since at since the mid-nineteenth century.  Many of the vegans look very unhealthy because they don't know what they are doing. 

Bike riders here in the capitol of Silicon Valley almost never get in the middle of the road and obstruct traffic. Drivers are polite to them too. On the other hand, we have some streets in which bikes are allowed and encouraged to ride in the middle of the road. You wouldn't like that! Fortunately it doesn't happen too often; I still ride on the side on those streets. Not that trusting. You never know, a Galen might be driving behind me. Just kidding, I'm not attributing that to you. I hope I'm right.

I think vegans should brag about how healthy and cruelty free they are. I suppose they can do that without insulting non-vegans, even if some don't. Vegan has much to recommend it, although lots of folks can't or won't join them. Including me, so far. They may not do it "right," but at least they are making the attempt. But I don't live in the People's City of Portland. But I hear it's perhaps the most livable city in the country; probably rivalled only by Seattle. Having lots of vegans and bike riders around just might be a sign that this is true. People like that and similar folks care about the things that make a city livable, too. It just goes with the territory. People who care about health, and the health of the planet, care about making a city livable too, and they do it!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 09-10-2016, 03:00 AM
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,138 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,582 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,624 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,897 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,833 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,251 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,660 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,048 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green