Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on with you, part II...
White elephant: nominally valuable, but costly to maintain and hard to sell. It is designed for the time when American families had more children. The local economy is depressed. It is 55 years old -- which in America means that it is too old to not have big repairs to do, but too new to have any charm.

I'm in a bad domestic situation because I am living with my brother and his girlfriend, and she has gotten sick of me. She has me figured as a nasty narcissist and questions my diagnosis of Asperger's syndrome. It is real, even to the extent of causing physical manifestations that include a rigid gait and back problems unrelated to any injury.

Besides, I am 64, so I may be in the position of having to commit myself to a "suffer with a smile" job until I end up in a nursing home. I'm sure you have heard how American politics are -- great for elites and getting increasingly awful for everyone else.

Sometimes I think that a malign deity has created this nasty world to tantalize me with promises that invariably get broken. Most people are good, but the people capable of doing good for me are economic sadists.

Things are not quite what they seem; skim milk masquerades as cream. -- W. S. Gilbert, H.M.S. Pinafore.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 05-13-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 05-14-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 06-20-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 06-20-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 07-17-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 11-17-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 11-27-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by pbrower2a - 01-02-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 06-17-2020, 03:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post