Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's going on with you, part II...
(07-16-2016, 05:45 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: I checked myself into the clinic for depression... I will get diagnosis most likely on the autism-Asperger syndrome.

I entered adulthood at the worst possible time for anyone with any weakness in America... about as the merciless 3T began. Nobody accommodated me and I had to pretend that I was  normal enough in a brutal economic order.

I realize that I have some strong talents, but American society thoroughly wasted them. Oh, I was a shifty and dishonest person because I couldn't maintain good eye contact? Excellent verbal, mathematical, and spatial aptitude... and even good sensitivity toward color and light... wasted. I did get to do a decade and a half of substitute teaching, which is better than most opportunities around here (farm labor, retail, food service)... so I can't complain about it all.

One question I got was in essence "What the Hell are you doing in this community?"

...It's a good thing that I didn't get held over for the night. I doubt that with all my self-0righteousness about alcoholism and illegal drugs that I would have gotten along with boozers and druggies. Yes, one can get messed up without having a substance problem, gross dishonesty,  or a proclivity toward sexual misconduct. I might have found my car vandalized if I didn't first get beaten up.

Hope that you get the help and support you need to recover from  your depression. I have friends and family who  have suffered from depression and  know that this can be  a difficult  situation.
 … whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8 (ESV)

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 05-13-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 05-14-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 06-20-2016, 11:03 AM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 06-20-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by radind - 07-16-2016, 06:49 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 07-17-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 11-17-2016, 06:19 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 11-27-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: What's going on with you, part II... - by TnT - 06-17-2020, 03:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post