Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most dangerous time since the Civil War
Tax payments that help others are merely insurance for yourself if you need it, and support for the society you depend on. Taxes are not theft, and they are not penalties (although they can be deterrents).

The danger of nuclear war is there, although it diminished with the end of the Cold War. Other catastrophes beckon, like climate change that could be a crisis for an entire saeculum, at least. I do put some stock in the double rhythm theory, which implies that we are trending toward making war among ourselves in the USA, and that this is the most likely war. But a simultaneous war with outside threats is certainly a good possibility too. Long about 2025, fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night.

And it would seem there are few more-likely predictions I could make than that a major international war is due at the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021; that the USA will be involved in it only by proxy at most, at first; that it will happen somewhere in Asia (more exact estimates are in my forthcoming book); and that if it continues, it could be the occasion for direct USA involvement by 2025-26. This war could involve nuclear weapons, but this would be between minor powers compared to the USA in 2021-24, at least, since direct involvement appears unlikely then according to the cycles. Needless to say, of course, I could be wrong. But I'm usually right about these things.

It is likely that USA mismanagement of affairs in the Middle and/or Far East, in this Century at least, will have contributed to the outbreak of this war.

One thing I'm looking to get dangerous soon, is the fate of the Kurds. Drump does not seem likely to support them, even after we used them to defeat the IS. Turkey is opposed to them too, and Putin is Assad's ally in his genocide projects against Assad's citizens in Syria. But the Kurds control a large swath of northeast-Syria now, plus of course their autonomous territory in Iraq which includes recaptured territory from the IS too. They want independence and/or liberation. They fought for it. We owe them, but will Drump and Co. stand up to Assad when and if he wrecks havoc and attacks them mercilessly unless they submit to his murderous tyranny? Is the USA going to sit back and watch while Assad decimates and tortures our ally? Could this war break out soon, or could it be the war that breaks out in circa Dec.2020?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most dangerous time since the Civil War - by Eric the Green - 12-03-2017, 12:09 AM