Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most dangerous time since the Civil War
(01-08-2018, 11:36 AM)John J. Xenakis Wrote: Words like "globalist," "isolationist," "liberal," "conservative," and
so forth don't even make sense when applied to me, or Generational
Dynamics analyses, any more than they would make sense when applied to
Einstein's theory of relativity.

Precisely why I reserved comment. Myself those words don't seem to fit most of my political thought either. Nationalist does, but only in the context of American Nationalism which as a consequence of our founding in the Enlightenment Saeculum necessitates a strong tendency toward libertarianism.

But the question is what is liberal? What is conservative? For example I support ending the drug war, largely considered liberal. Conversely I support the right to keep and bear arms, largely considered conservative.

As for Generational Dynamics, my view is that it is as legitimate as my Mega-Saeclum theory as I have seen a roughly 500 year cycle in nearly every society that I've studied in depth. Unfortunately I've not delved into the nitty-gritties of your particular theory. That said, I've yet to see any recent development that would completely discredit it so I must conclude that at least for now it is a viable hypothesis.

Having said that, we do have people here who make political predictions based on astrology, so even if Generational Dynamics were discredited I'd still favor it over that. You know cause it is sciencey, and shit.

So far my main bones with the theory is the idea that Nomad generations have a tendency toward evil. I would argue that good and evil are present in every generation, at every time, because all humans have the capacity to be good or evil. At worst you could probably say that Nomads are the least successful with cloaking their negative tendencies in flowery language and virtue signaling (something that idealists are very successful at doing). And that every crisis must have a resulting Crisis War. The mere presence of a crisis period to pass without a Crisis War would negate that hypothesis--which the Glorious Revolution fits nicely. Conversely, if a war happens during a crisis, that war will as a matter of course be fought to the bitter end and the result will be one side completely victorious and the other utterly destroyed.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most dangerous time since the Civil War - by Kinser79 - 01-09-2018, 02:06 AM