Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most dangerous time since the Civil War
(01-11-2018, 05:00 AM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 04:44 AM)Galen Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 04:12 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: Only partially true.  A surprisingly large number of my teachers were former hippies--which probably goes a long way to explain my hatred of hippies.

I encountered my share of former hippies as teachers and they weren't very good at it.  The older teachers were tended to be better unless they had gotten to the point where they were waiting for the pension check.

Even then the older teachers were still better.

It was pretty hard to get worse than the Boomers manged but the few that did were put in charge of the stoners who weren't going to learn anything anyway.  Truth is, those few had their own substance abuse problems so there was a certain symmetry there since it was impossible to get rid of them anyway due to the union.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most dangerous time since the Civil War - by Galen - 01-11-2018, 06:47 AM