Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fourth Turning Halftime Update
(09-04-2018, 08:23 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 12:16 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 09:33 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(09-03-2018, 05:38 PM)igranderojo Wrote: <snip>
I didn't pay any attention to that crap. The MSM is nothing but a mouthpiece for the empire. Just like the old time Pravda. I'm guessing what you said above must be good words. Too bad the empire does the opposite. Corruption and hubris everytime, crash every empire. The US will be no different. Trump is a symptom, not a cause of chaos.  Just one more brick on the path of destruction.

The US did not invade Syria for oil. It lobbed a few bombs against Assad (well-justified), and sent troops to the Islamic State to help the people there drive out those horrible hoodlums (well-justified). Also, the US did not invade Libya, but did some early bombing to help the rebels within Libya who rose up and "chose" the war. But the fact that Libya has more oil than Syria probably helped explain why we the USA helped the Arab Spring uprising in Libya, but not the one in Syria.

Don't underestimate the role of the people themselves in rising up against their own tyrants. That happens every time Uranus and Pluto make a major aspect. Otherwise, agreed Smile

1. On second thought, you are sorta correct wrt Syria. I left out some stuff. The US invaded/bombed Syria because pipelines.   from our mates down under of all places. Wrt Assad, I don't think he's any worse than Shrub. Let's just let Russia/Assad take care of IS, because, guess what. The Neocons, ever clueless as ever forgot something. Turkey hates Kurds, so yeah, that's why Turkey's doing stuff in Syira and now Turkey hates us.  That's the way you do it, messes on the MSM, got to move those terror groups, IS for nothing...   Heheheheheheeh..... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~P Tongue

I don't know why you and so many others get it so wrong about Syria. It was not a US invasion for a pipeline. It was a people's revolt, spurred by climate change, against their tyrant, and the tyrant was the worst of our time. Just for peacefully protesting, Assad gassed, barrel-bombed, tortured and exiled over half his people. The US did not invade Syria. It lobbed a few bombs at their chemical weapons; that's it.

It did help the Kurds and Iraqis get rid of the Islamic State, although that work is not entirely done. The IS effectively was no longer part of Syria and Iraq; it was a new state, and the USA sent some special forces and made some air strikes to help the people there rid themselves of this horrific scourge. I support this, although Trump speeded it up at the expense of many more civilian casualties in places like Mosel and Raqqa.

Quote:Look at those Neocons, that's the way you do it, bomb, bomb, bomb away, we got make terror cells, install proxies... Oh yeah,

2, People should do stuff themselves, bombs and proxies don't work, ever. The same goes for false flag thingies. That's so old, the CIA should really know better. They've been at that nonsense since Gulf of Tonkin. 

It works sometimes, but maybe in the long run, not very well. But, after all, the French waged proxy war on behalf of the USA, and that worked out pretty well. The USA helped chase the Soviets out of Afghanistan. That didn't make much difference; we're still embroiled in that one. Will Libya ever get it together, after getting NATO help overthrowing Qaddafi? Remains to be seen. NATO did help restore peace and freedom in the old Yugoslavia eventually. Reagan got his way in Nicaragua, but rather ironically, now his old "communist" enemy is the conservative president there.

In many cases, the proxies were crucial in putting down a revolution by the people. Reagan did that; the USA has done it often, sometimes successfully, and sometimes (as in Vietnam) spectacularly unsuccessfully. That's what has happened in Syria too, thanks to Russia and Iran winning Assad's war on his people. What exactly will happen there is still not completely decided though. Turkey and Russia have agreed to restrain Assad from murdering the rest of his rebels in a small northwestern province, but Turkey still hates and fears the Kurds. As I see it, we owe them, and must help defend and support them against Assad and Turkey. I must admit, I agree with Trump so far in what he said about these things this week; we'll see. That is, about his warning not to wipe out the last Syrian rebels, and to support the Kurds.

Help from the Fascist powers were crucial in Franco's victory in Spain over the liberal revolution there in 1936.

The initiative for a revolution has to come from the people themselves; outsiders can't do it for them. But sometimes, proxy aid can push the result one way or another.

Quote:Don't get fooled again. 

That's sage advice, as it always has been, man. Remember Kissinger is still rigging things , even with Trump.

The best rock song ever; always good advice. The question is, who is being fooled. Don't be fooled by conspiracy theories about Syria. Know the facts. Will you ever?
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
The Fourth Turning Halftime Update - by sbarrera - 07-28-2018, 10:34 AM
RE: The Fourth Turning Halftime Update - by tg63 - 09-28-2018, 12:14 PM
RE: The Fourth Turning Halftime Update - by Eric the Green - 09-28-2018, 10:41 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  There Will Not Be A Triumphant End To This Turning galaxy 33 14,813 11-22-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  War & Military Turning & Generational Issues JDG 66 5 5,353 03-24-2022, 03:01 PM
Last Post: JDG 66
  First Turning "purge" Teejay 82 47,536 03-14-2022, 09:28 AM
  The Civil War 4th turning Eric the Green 6 4,110 11-11-2021, 06:12 PM
  Generational Constellation Math For The Current And Next Turning galaxy 8 3,621 11-09-2021, 01:51 AM
  What the next First Turning won't be like Mickey123 145 61,544 10-07-2021, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  I'm a sceptic that the 4th Turning started in 2008 Isoko 326 129,639 07-09-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  In What Turning do Neighborhood Communities come back? AspieMillennial 7 4,264 05-05-2020, 10:15 PM
Last Post: beechnut79
  Why does the Fourth Turning seem to take Forever? AspieMillennial 22 9,791 01-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  Does the UK disprove the Fourth Turning? AspieMillennial 14 6,714 01-02-2020, 12:14 AM