Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will a nationalist/cosmopolitan divide be the political axis of the coming saeculum?
(01-12-2020, 12:11 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 03:49 AM)Galen Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 12:27 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: Religious libertarians, also known as the freedom caucus, hold the balance of power in both the House and the Senate, though.  If they're forced to switch to Democrat, Republican control will collapse.  I think the Republicans will try hard to hang on to them.

I think your right.  There are many Christians in Libertarian circles and even the atheists don't care as long as they adhere to the non-aggression principle.

1. Donald Trump is not a Christian. He believes in himself as God.

2. Three years later, Democrats control the House and seem likely to hold onto it. Republicans have a shaky hold on the Senate.

3. The Republican Party has come to endorse Big Government just as resolutely as the Democrats. The difference is the purpose, Republicans using Big Government to enforce the will of economic elites -- with severe aggression.

Exactly so. This distorted libertarian philosophy so typically represented by Galen, and pretty well by Warren as well, is certainly one of the ideologies that must be exported to the scrap heap of history, and it's long overdue and can't come soon enough to suit me.

Quote:I've thought the working class was there for the plucking for Republicans for some time now, as the Democrats concentrated on pandering to the welfare class at the cost of the working class. Trump did the right thing playing for their vote.

I think this is the nub of the issue that must be debunked. Republicans have indeed pandered to the lower middle class by making the poor the scapegoats of their insecurity for years now.

The "welfare class" (which typically is also an ethnic non-white class, making such references to welfare essentially racist), does not cost the working class anything. It is the wealthy who cost the working class, as has always been so, especially in the time of FDR. It is the billionaire class (as Bernie calls them incessantly) that keeps the working class's wages low, and their own salaries absurdly high to the point that extortion is a mild word for what they do. You can't blame low wages or even low salaries on people who get welfare. That is a miniscule part of state and federal budgets.

What's more, we are ALL in the welfare class, because we are ALL vulnerable to the capricious and malevolent behavior of the wealthy class. They export jobs, replace people with robots, fire people capriciously for no good reason, reduce wages and opportunities, and fire workers through mergers. They speculate with peoples' money through derivatives and other marginal investing, causing depressions which put millions out of work and out of their homes. They buy our elections and our politicians and ruin our democracy, and devastate the state institutions that protect us from them. They savage our environment which we depend on for life ruthlessly in the name of free enterprise. Their tax cuts pass on huge government debt to our descendants. There is no limit to the blame and the evil now perpetrated by the wealthy class, so I can't spend all day typing out all their misconduct. I'm sure brower can add to the description.

NO, social and "welfare" spending helps the working class, not only by protecting them, but by stimulating the economy, because prosperity trickles up from people who spend money for what they need, rather than down from the few rich people who buy out and speculate with and hoard their money and export it abroad.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Will a nationalist/cosmopolitan divide be the political axis of the coming saeculum? - by Eric the Green - 01-17-2020, 02:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catalist: findings on age-cohorts and political activity pbrower2a 1 373 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The Partisan Divide on Issues pbrower2a 3,142 1,006,347 12-07-2022, 02:58 PM
  The new political narrative Eric the Green 10 2,575 08-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Bread and Circuses with California’s Political Hypocrisy SusanSusan 0 747 02-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: SusanSusan
  The cancer infecting the political Left Mickey123 310 70,183 02-01-2021, 11:41 PM
  New York bill would ban anonymous political ads on Facebook nebraska 0 1,232 01-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Study: Political Polarization is Mainly a Right-Wing Phenomenon Odin 0 1,483 03-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Political Polarity To Reverse On Gun Control, States' Rights? Anthony '58 21 15,334 02-04-2017, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Calls by elected officials (other than Trump) for political violence pbrower2a 3 3,686 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
  celebrities at political conventions Dan '82 3 3,240 07-29-2016, 11:01 PM
Last Post: MillsT_98