Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential "Skipping" of Silents/Gen X
(03-18-2019, 02:07 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-18-2019, 12:57 PM)jleagans Wrote: Silent Generation never got a President.

Gen X is looking on track to do the same with only Beto announcing so far (Nikki Haley is my frontrunner to be a Gen X President).

Is it too early for Buttigieg to win?  He's coming across as the smartest of the candidates and most thought out (other than Warren), and without the polarization of Warren.  If elected he would be the youngest President ever (beating JFK by 3 years).  Is it too early for a Millennial, and the skip of Gen X (humorously this would also shut the door on the Bernie Sanders/Joe Biden Silent Generation last ditch effort to win one)?

My only issue with Buttigieg is that 1982 birthday is barrrrreellly Millennial.  Very cuspy and often included in Gen X.

The Silent Generation could still get a president. Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden have good abilities as candidates. They are certainly getting up there in age, and could have some trouble holding their support because of this, but they are for now the leaders in the race to succeed an unpopular and incompetent fake president. They will have to do well enough to win in a system now rigged to favor Republicans. I would not predict that they will win; only that they have a chance if Trump screws up badly enough and can't talk and scream his way out of it.

But those two guys, Sanders and Biden, are on the Boomer cusp according to S&H generation dating.

Buttigieg is on the cusp of X/Y-Millennial. Obama was on the Boomer-Xer cusp. But he may turn out to be the only Gen X president, and a cusper at that. So far others who have come forward to run for president from Gen X are not skilled candidates. Those who have the talent within Generation X seem disinclined to run for office. That may be inherent in the nature of that generation; too cynical for civics class. I certainly include Buttigieg and Nikki Haley among those; they will never be elected.

You may know I use some astrological methods to assess the skills of the candidates for president. I have scored and listed all the past and potential candidates here http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html

Another factor that affects Sanders and Biden is that the war baby generation, especially those born in or around their years, 1941-42, are potentially gifted and creative visionaries as indicated by Uranus trine Neptune. But so far their main impact was in the sixties as musicians and youth leaders.

-- Eric, that has crossed my mind 2. It seems 2 me like the Millies are just waiting with baited breath til they can get 1 of their own in the WH. That could happen as soon as 2024 if Bernie or Uncle Joe, 2 offset their own age, choose a Millie as their VP & win. I very much doubt either  of those 2 will run 4 a 2nd term, which would put the Millie VP in the catbird seat. If that VP wins in 2024, l think it will be just like when Kennedy won in 1960. The GIs never looked back. Kept putting their own in the WH untill 1992 when Mr Bill was elected. I suspect the same thing will happen once a Millie gets in as well
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Presidential "Skipping" of Silents/Gen X - by Marypoza - 03-18-2019, 04:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,697 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Presidential Archetypes ResidentArtist 10 6,559 12-29-2019, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and presidential campaigns Dan '82 10 9,196 11-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,533 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew