Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Presidential "Skipping" of Silents/Gen X
(03-18-2019, 09:09 PM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: It's a few decades too early say that we won't get a generation X president.  We may well see a Gen X president or two during the next 1T.

BTW, though technically a Cusper, Obama acted very much like a Nomad elder.  So, even if pre-seasonal, I would say that Obama was the first Nomad president since Eisenhower.

-- l agree. I was just pointing out the earliest possible scenario, which is earlier than many if us think. As l said, it depends on either Bernie or Uncle Joe winning next yr & then declining 2 run in 2024. Bernie may pick a Millie running mate as a shout out 2 his Millie supporters. Otoh, Uncle Joe was just bashing Millies (yet again) last week, but he still  may pick a Millie VP if his handlers tell him he needs to to win the election.

More likely l see a Millie Prez maybe in 2032. The 1st cohorts will be 50ish by then & the Crises s/b over. if this Crisis is like the 1850s, like some ppl here maintain, then the Millies s/b throwing their elders out of govt & installing their own once it's over, just like the Transcendentals were tossed out after the Civil War. In that case it was the reactive Gilded doing the tossing, but the Millies are old enough 2 run 4 office, up to & including the Presidency, & as a group they haven't fared very well these past 10 yrs or so. So l wouldn't be surprised after this Crisis ends they will be chucking both Boomers & Xers & electing their own into govt actoss the board bcuz quite frankly, 2 date, we aren't handling this Crisis very well
Heart my 2 yr old Niece/yr old Nephew 2020 Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Presidential "Skipping" of Silents/Gen X - by Marypoza - 03-18-2019, 10:07 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,698 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Presidential Archetypes ResidentArtist 10 6,563 12-29-2019, 01:53 AM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Generations and presidential campaigns Dan '82 10 9,198 11-14-2016, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,534 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew