Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those people in the upper midwest
Another brief different view of some fly-over Trump voters, from a facebook comment (equal time here; if he's right some of these folks will swing back against Trump after he fails in 2020; we'll see):

Barry Sussman

Trump tapped into the frustration of those who are working longer and harder for less, if they're working at all. They're angry that the crooked bankers that caused the problem were rewarded with bonuses at the taxpayers' expense under the threat of world wide depression. In a word extortion. Criminality pays.

That the Obama administration never prosecuted the corrupt bankers angered the disaffected working class to the point that they voted for any change as opposed to the business as usual Hillary Clinton represented.

When you're hungry and see a bleak future the guy who says he'll bring back former living standards and restore your dignity sounds appealing. Hell, it worked for a crazy tyrant in Germany after WW I. The New American Century could mirror the Thousand Year Reich of "you know who."
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Those people in the upper midwest - by Odin - 11-15-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: Those people in the upper midwest - by radind - 11-16-2016, 04:47 PM
RE: Those people in the upper midwest - by Odin - 11-16-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: Those people in the upper midwest - by radind - 11-16-2016, 05:41 PM
RE: Those people in the upper midwest - by Odin - 11-17-2016, 08:14 AM
RE: Those people in the upper midwest - by Odin - 11-17-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Those people in the upper midwest - by Eric the Green - 11-18-2016, 03:43 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  most Americans think too many people are easily offended Dan '82 20 26,007 08-16-2016, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Danilynn