Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big bust of MS-13 in Long Island
(01-19-2020, 10:18 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 05:18 PM)Anthony Wrote: No one is tougher on crime than I am - but "organized crime" is a dog whistle for "ethnic crime."

If you think so, it's likely that even pbrower is tougher on crime than you are.

1. Most Italian-Americans hate the Mafia, a disgrace to the vast majority of Italian-Americans who do honest work (including the ownership of small businesses). Italian-Americans are the people that the Sicilian and Neapolitan Mafias are most likely to bleed.   

2. More Italian-Americans fit benign stereotypes out of Moonstruck (any cinematic treatment largely of one ethnic group will have stereotypes) than out of Goodfellas. Which group of Italian-Americans could seduce me? So I might listen to more opera...  Italian-American adults know the signals of the Mafia, including its sartorial style, as shown when Henry Hill's grandmother says of the dolled-up delinquent: "You look like a mobster". A hint: if a man, do not wear a suit with pinstripes unless you look Nordic.

3. It is clear that the reputation of MS-13 offends every segment of every Hispanic 'national' group. You saw the article... criminal subcultures are for losers. In the rural area in which I live, the Hispanics of Mexican and Central-American origin have good cause to do well in school. Of course a rural area has few distractions, winters are nasty so a kid might as well go to school for a lack of alternatives, and the roles for ill-educated people are mostly farm labor. The local cops know about MS-13 and would be swift to react to it.

MS-13 largely brutalizes Hispanic populations, does robberies, deals drugs, and pimps girls. Who would want them around? So
they hurt their own... what sort of excuse is that?
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Big bust of MS-13 in Long Island - by pbrower2a - 12-20-2019, 08:58 PM
RE: Big bust of MS-13 in Long Island - by pbrower2a - 01-20-2020, 02:32 AM