Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How conservative are Homelanders really?
(04-17-2020, 08:06 AM)Isoko Wrote: Blazkovitz,

P. 1 To be honest, I am sceptic that we will see mass space exploration anytime soon. I would say the low hanging fruits have already been picked. It will happen eventually with its art but it'll take a few centuries.

I'd say the art and cultural themes for the next 2T are going to be more of a conservative family friendly nature rather then trying to defy all odds by culturally shocks the left was successful at doing in the past.

There's not too much to explore within the range of current physics. There's not a lot of land to settle. If we are being visited by ETs, we will have to learn their techniques in order to explore further.

The arts you describe will be the trend from this turning through the first turning of the 2030s, at least to some extent. In the 2T, art will not be so conservative and family friendly, because Awakenings are not of that nature. Free-wheeling sensuality will revive in the next Awakening. But Nature will be a key theme, as the Left rallies the nation and the world to meet the continuing threat of global warming by changing society root deep, and the great society will be expanded worldwide. Cities will be redesigned and education made more community-based and practical. Organic styles that emphasize sensibility will bring back the art nouveau styles of the 1890s Social Gospel Awakening era in the mid 2040s, so I expect the arts will rhyme with that earlier 2T era known for post-impressionism (Gaugain, Van Gogh, Cezanne), and will put modern art more firmly on this basic foundation from which it developed. So I expect it would be less "shocking" in that respect, at least at first, than the pop arts of the 1940s and 50s. Strong cyber-based styles, and a vast literature revival based in the new media networks, will be a keynote of the 2050s. This will be a fairly exuberant era with lots of new ideas and an obsession with novelty, so although more pleasant than "shocking," it will be a futuristic and avant-garde style.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: How conservative are Homelanders really? - by Eric the Green - 04-18-2020, 01:01 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,205 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents? Warren Dew 19 18,560 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? HoldOn 53 46,465 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a