Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How conservative are Homelanders really?
Blazkovitz,

I think you are rather optimistic in your assumption that the next 2T is going to be about global citizenship and more world government. I'll be rather Frank here but the people who buy into this idea are usually white westerners. The rest of the world simply does not care that much.

When I was teaching English last year, I got into some interesting conversations about the future with my students. A group of businessmen, some of them Russian millennials, were quite brutally honest with me. They thought that globalisation would be here to stay but that world government was not a desirable choice.

Their message was quite simple. "We will cooperate but we don't want to be governed by one body. We don't want to pay for other countries. Why should we use our money to say improve the lives of Indians when we need it for ourselves?"

I think therefore this whole "we are the world" mindset is a Western Anglo based phenomenon and already it is receiving a ride awakening. Westerners are starting to slowly realise that the rest of the world does not care about multicultural globalisation and are more concerned with affairs in their back yard. When the West finally does bow out, they are going to realise the rest of the world simply does not care.

When I did used to describe the problems the West was facing, I actually used to encounter bemused Russians. There was no global solidarity but merely "great, now the West will start minding its own business and leave us alone." There was some sympathy of course but overall, if the West is being stupid, it's their fault.

Now that is just the Russians. Imagine what the Chinese, the Indians, the Iranians, even the Japanese, what they are thinking. I think for some of these countries, global brotherhood isn't even on the agenda, just new ways to get more profit.

So for the next 2T, I think Westerners are going to be more national focused and not as messanic in their beliefs that the world is going to become one. It is a bitter pill to be swallowed for sure.

Eric,

No offence but a lot of this sounds like it has come from the realms of fantasy and not reality. The left is going to pull the nation and the world together to fight climate change? 

Wanna hear the truth?

The Russians are laughing at people like Greta Thunberg. They are laughing at the Western liberals. Even the Russian liberals are laughing at you. They view Greta Thunberg as some spoilt rich kid who is telling them they cannot have the quality of life she has had in order to fight climate change. Once again this is just the Russians. 

But this myopic leftism is what is killing the West. Will there be cooperation? Yes, but at your expense. All of this talk reminds me of the good Samaritan. You are here, being good Samaritans and the rest of the world is laughing at you, planning to only serve their own interests.

It is a myopic fantastical delusion and I see it here with members on this forum. It will be the West's undoing and one they realise that the emperor has no clothes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How conservative are Homelanders really? - by Isoko - 04-18-2020, 01:26 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,205 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents? Warren Dew 19 18,560 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? HoldOn 53 46,458 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a