Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How conservative are Homelanders really?
(04-18-2020, 01:26 PM)Isoko Wrote: Blazkovitz,

I think you are rather optimistic in your assumption that the next 2T is going to be about global citizenship and more world government. I'll be rather Frank here but the people who buy into this idea are usually white westerners. The rest of the world simply does not care that much.

Ethnocentrism is also a Civic value, it's now very prominent because of the 4T. Russia also had its utopian dreamers and will have them again, you are now in the nadir of cynicism and ethnocentrism but this nadir won't last forever. Whoever rebels during the next 2T, will rebel against people like you and not against the faded memory of 1990s attempts at liberalism.

Quote:When I was teaching English last year, I got into some interesting conversations about the future with my students. A group of businessmen, some of them Russian millennials, were quite brutally honest with me. They thought that globalisation would be here to stay but that world government was not a desirable choice.

Their message was quite simple. "We will cooperate but we don't want to be governed by one body. We don't want to pay for other countries. Why should we use our money to say improve the lives of Indians when we need it for ourselves?"

I think it depends on the quality of life. If there is steady economic growth, then expect more individualism,more global citizenship, more interest in outer space and transhumanism. If there is poverty, expect ethnocentrism and clinging to traditions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How conservative are Homelanders really? - by Blazkovitz - 04-19-2020, 03:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,205 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents? Warren Dew 19 18,560 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? HoldOn 53 46,467 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a