Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How conservative are Homelanders really?
(04-19-2020, 04:13 AM)Isoko Wrote: Russia does have its utopian thinkers to be sure but the mindset is different. Where as the West dreams of global liberalism, Russia dreams more of a strong Russia.

The early Bolsheviks dreamed of global communism without ethnic distinctions. And in Britain we also have ethnocentric "dreamers" who want Britain to rule the waves again. All nations have all sorts of attitudes, just in different proportions.

Quote:I think that there will be a new great culture born in Russia at some point but it will be based on more spiritual thinking and more focus to the community and less the individual, as is the Russian way. Russia usually prefers and operates of group and not the individual.

It seems Russia is the Civic wing of the Greeko-Roman-Christian civilization, and the Anglosphere is the Prophetic wing. So both should learn from each other, because balance between these archetypes is the key. Olaf Stapledon talked about "personality within community". I really like his social philosophy, the essay "Personality and liberty" explores the topic in further detail:
https://web.archive.org/web/200907200726...berty.html

Quote:I don't think there will be rebellion in the next 2T to be honest, just a new rush of energy for doing things differently, that's all.

I agree, the current 4T probably won't complete its mission, the remainder of the 21st century will be focused on Civic issues. But this means a strong Romantic revival in the 22nd century, as these attitudes cannot be buried forever.

Quote:Liberalism is the past. Centre Right is the future.

I support centre-right for the culture, centre-left for the economics. But centre-right doesn't have to be tribal, e.g. Pythagoreanism was culturally conservative but opposed ethnocentrism. While the left can be tribal as well, e.g. 1960 national liberation movements like Baathism or the Shining Path.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How conservative are Homelanders really? - by Blazkovitz - 04-19-2020, 04:25 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,205 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents? Warren Dew 19 18,560 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? HoldOn 53 46,467 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a