Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How conservative are Homelanders really?
This thread has gone in a completely different direction. It's got me thinking, though...

To be honest, while I'm excited for what amazing culture and change comes in the 2T, I'm also pretty terrified of becoming a neglecting parent. When I read what T4T says about Gen X I feel really depressed for them. Their parents just letting them roam free sounds lonely and empty, almost like they didn't care about them at all. On top of that is divorce, which I can't imagine going through as a kid. On top of that, the media portrayed them as terrible kids. It almost sounds like society hated young X'ers. Massive respect for you guys for surviving a childhood like that. And to think I might raise kids with that same childhood...

Of course, I say this as a Homelander/Quarantiner who feels like helicopter parenting perfectly fine and normal. I'm sure you guys wish to turn back time and fight the neighbors' kids with sticks or whatever. Was your childhood actually like this? Have advice for raising the Neo-Nomads? What will the 2T be like for us anyway?

I'm worried about what older people say about new kids being bad parents in the future because we're phone-addicts is true.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How conservative are Homelanders really? - by Camz - 04-21-2020, 08:56 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,205 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents? Warren Dew 19 18,560 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? HoldOn 53 46,465 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a