Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How conservative are Homelanders really?
(04-22-2020, 07:40 AM)Blazkovitz Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:24 AM)Isoko Wrote: Blazkovitz,

The big culture war coming this century is going to be about body modifications and other technological choices (GM babies, VR, etc) Vs a revived conservative culture that favours nature and family values. I expect the naturalists to win due to potential higher birth rates.

This is to assume that people "inherit" their views on certain issues which is not the case. Every Christian had pagan ancestors. Every atheist had both pagan and Christian ancestors. Every free love enthusiast had ancestors who believed in sanctity of marriage. So we're always betraying our ancestors!

Personally, I never agreed with my father on many things and if a view was too similar to my father's ideas that was enough to reject it. (generally, his mindset was quite similar to yours)

Parenthood becoming cool during a 2T? Possible if it's a "civic awakening" like Solidarity in Poland or the Arab Spring rather than a proper Romantic one.

If there are attempts to ban transhumanism, it will motivate the transhumanists to depart for outer space!

To be honest, I tend to find that most people do inherit their views from their parents until a huge transformation takes place. All those Pagans remained Pagans until Christianity came along. All those Christians remained Christians, etc. 

Rebellion is not a common  thing entirely throughout turnings and I would argue that the 1960s was a rather unique event that won't be repeated for a long time to come.

Coming back to Russia, rebellion within generations is actually unheard of. People usually stick to the same principles as their parents. When it comes to rebellion in Russia, it is usually all generations involved and it is always to do with economic concerns. To get actual rebellion amongst your parents is actually quite rare...

As for transhumanism, I think that the huge cultural fears are going to be it will lead the world down some kind of technological Sodom and Gomorrah and this is why a lot of these conservative areas are going to put on the breaks eventually. I think if it gets to the point it is radically changing Humanity, I think it will unnerve a lot of people, to be honest.

Maybe people will learn to love the change? I am not sure. But all I know is you will probably end up having two camps of people split and eventually the conservatives usually win out because they out produce the liberal faction.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How conservative are Homelanders really? - by Isoko - 04-22-2020, 08:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,205 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents? Warren Dew 19 18,560 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? HoldOn 53 46,462 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a