Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How conservative are Homelanders really?
(04-22-2020, 09:36 AM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: Isoko, it has been commented that in the USA, for example, has a double rhythm in its sequence of Awakenings.

That is, Awakenings alternate between the Dionysus (God centered) and Apollo (man centered) types..

The Boom Awakening would be an example of the Dionysus.  These 2Ts tend to create a huge upheaval in the culture, and push the boundries of spirituality/religion.  The Boom Awakening led to a culture war.

The Apollo type is more oriented towards ideology.  These 2Ts tend to emphasize the political system, or the economic system, or perhaps both.  The subsequent 4Ts tend to see upheavals in political or economic arrangements.The Missionary Awakening was the last Apollo 2T in the USA.

The double rhythm suggests that the next American 2T will be of the Apollo type.  This 2T will likely start a few decades from now.  With the next Dionysus 2T starting well into the 22nd century.

Hi Tim,

When it comes to America, this is quite a good explanation and seems to fit with the nature of the land. I agree that the country does have two Awakening periods although I am sceptical of the next Awakening will be an Apollo type as I tend to view the 1960s as more Apollo due to the sex, drugs and rock and roll phenomenon. 

I always thought the next Awakening there would be more Dionysus as with the coming transhumanism culture, more people are going to start retreating into their churches in order to make sense of it all. So it is a good question.

But one thing about America and that is it is a land that always pushes the boundaries, something that other countries do not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How conservative are Homelanders really? - by Isoko - 04-22-2020, 10:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,205 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents? Warren Dew 19 18,560 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? HoldOn 53 46,467 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a