Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How conservative are Homelanders really?
(04-22-2020, 12:53 PM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: My guess at a conceivable time line for the USA.  This assumes that for the USA this 4T remains relatively mild.  Also, note  that Strauss and Howe anticipated a "Crisis of 2100".

A.  Current 4T-Crisis of 2020.

B.  Weak 1T.

C.  (Mild?) 2T.

D.  3T.

E.  Projected Crisis of 2100

F.  1T

G.  2T

One of my assumptions is that a weak 1T will mean that there is less for New Prophets to react against, compared to a "High" with highly hubristic Civics.

Another of my assumptions is that the human lifespan remains more or less the same.  So the turnings beyond 2100 are ones I listed mechanically.  By the early 22nd century I expect current generations to be nearly gone.  Any of today's children who survive to that time will be extremely old.  Like, super centarians.

I am not even going to try to guess what the themes will be for a 22ND  century 2T.  That time is too far out for me make informed predictions.

And really,  trying to write about the early 22nd century seems like science fiction.

The next 1T will be "weak" in the sense that there will be less consensus, and still some activism and controversy rather than boring conformity.

We have fallen so far back from the Consciousness Revolution Awakening, that there's mountains and oceans of awakening still due in the next 2T. A society, state and culture that has been fast asleep for 40 years will need another break, and another breakthrough when it finally comes. But I will agree that the next 2T will be somewhat milder or mellower in tone than the late sixties.

I wrote about the 22nd century in my book. Astrology gives a good peak.
http://philosopherswheel.com/hna.html
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: How conservative are Homelanders really? - by Eric the Green - 04-22-2020, 03:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kids react = Homelanders react sbarrera 0 1,205 07-28-2020, 05:24 PM
Last Post: sbarrera
  New adaptives most socially conservative since Silents? Warren Dew 19 18,560 02-06-2019, 11:01 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Homelanders: Mid 90s or Mid 00s? HoldOn 53 46,467 10-22-2018, 11:13 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a