Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worker Cooperatives Are More Productive Than Normal Companies
(05-13-2016, 07:21 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: The answer is rather simple.  In a Co-Op situation the profits generated are shared out amongst the workers, in a traditional corporate setting the profits are split up amongst management.  Therefore it is not in the interests of Mr. MBA to have a co-op as he'd get a smaller slice of the pie because he has to split it with the plebs.

I have heard of this but I am not certain how well this would scale since virtually every company I know has management.  Only a few companies have every done this so it is hard to tell what the limits really are.  It does suggest that the modern regulatory state is necessary since the assumption that everyone is evil clearly is not true.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worker Cooperatives Are More Productive Than Normal Companies - by Galen - 05-14-2016, 05:40 AM