Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worker Cooperatives Are More Productive Than Normal Companies
(05-14-2016, 03:14 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: I would argue in large part where the US lost its way was in the ideology that businesses should operate solely in the interests of its owners (share holders) and that is the end all be all of the social responsibility.  This makes companies in general, and corporations in particular, sociopathic and destructive to the largest in-group possible the nation.

Recently, I've taken it upon myself to explain to certain friends just how perverse the concept of shareholding is.  It essentially consists of a group of people who have absolutely nothing to do with the operations of the firm, yet they are allowed to reap a portion of the revenue generated by the firm on the sole basis of being recognized by firm bylaws and government enforcement as an "owner" of the firm.

Here in Boise we have a grocery store founded here called WinCo, and I try to buy as much as I can there due to the fact that they're employee owned.  I've been futilely trying to convince some of my otherwise left-leaning friends to go there instead of the Whole Foods a couple blocks away--its founder is well known for being a libertarian nut.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worker Cooperatives Are More Productive Than Normal Companies - by Bronco80 - 05-14-2016, 07:18 PM