Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
death rates of white middle class American males
Good post, SomeGuy. (I slightly wonder how that happened, but no matter Wink )

Conclusion:

Quote:The funny thing is, people inside the bubble are forever talking about “economic inequality,” that wonderful seminar construct, and forever virtue-signaling about how personally opposed they are to it. By contrast, “economic insecurity” is akin to a phrase from an unknown language. But if we were somehow to find a “Google Translate” function for communicating from real America into the bubble, an important message might be conveyed:

The abstraction of “inequality” doesn’t matter a lot to ordinary Americans. The reality of economic insecurity does. The Great American Escalator is broken—and it badly needs to be fixed.

With the election of 2016, Americans within the bubble finally learned that the 21st century has gotten off to a very bad start in America. Welcome to the reality. We have a lot of work to do together to turn this around.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/artic...t-century/

I have felt this all along, although partly for political reasons. The article goes into bad economic, health and mobility trends. My take, being "somewhat partisan" or "vile partisan" in my views, is that on Dec.12, 2000, the 21st century failed to start. The vehicle of progress ran out of gas. The key in the ignition stalled. George Dubya Bush was selected president. If we had been given the chance for blue boomer rule, things might have been way, way different. Since then, the USA has had less than a year of merely semi-progressive rule. That's 20 years now, and counting. Only total control by progressives, which in fact was not attained even during that one partial year, is the only way any reform or investment can happen in our country-- given the fanatical nature of the regressive party. And the notion that "progress" can consist of new high-tech gadgets that are free-marketing successes, is disproven by the real facts as discussed in this article. It's NOT progress at all. It's business as usual. Meanwhile, you can add the climate crisis and the expensive unnecessary wars to the decline of the American people discussed in the article.

The regressive rule to which we have been consigned by the blind allegiance of American voters to the Republican Party, and its successful vote rigging, or by youth's neglect of civic duty, is responsible for the fact that the 21st century is a miserable failure, and in fact has not even started at all. It was, to use a popular culture-wars term, aborted.

And I say we are all entitled to take 20 years off our life, at least in attitude. The country has not been happening, so why should be consider that time has passed at all between 2000 and 2020?

And the roots of this 21st century trend, of course, go back another 20 years.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: death rates of white middle class American males - by Eric the Green - 02-20-2017, 02:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will McCain Death, Midterms & Legal Scandals Finally Be Enough? TheNomad 30 13,785 09-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  The modern credo of the American worker sbarrera 1 1,993 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event? TheNomad 31 15,687 07-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  The End of White Christian America Eric the Green 4 5,123 12-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Last Post: FLBones
  Five myths about class in America Odin 1 2,743 07-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How America Became Infatuated With a Cartoonish Idea of ‘Alpha Males’ Odin 20 20,928 05-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54