Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
death rates of white middle class American males
Food is easy to get. In a rough time I got TANF, and the food allotment that I got was enough to allow me to get such luxuries as strawberries and asparagus. (Of course such is possible because I am not buying candy, potato chips, pastries, ice cream, and highly-processed foods). I can live on that. I am eating better than I did before I got the aid.* I have made a birthday cake for my brother, and I have made a soup that sells for $12 a cup at a rather expensive restaurant that I have been to a few times on special occasions). Yes, I pinch pennies, and I have little changed my eating habits except to eat more fruits and vegetables that my brother dislikes.

I would gladly trade eligibility for sodas for dog food; the dog would surely appreciate that trade-off, and it would be better for both of us. The dog keeps me in a better emotional state.

*I could probably write a pamphlet on how to live well on food aid. Of course, farewell high-markup stuff like potato chips, pastries, cookies, candy, highly-processed foods, ready-to-eat meats... Make sure to use store discounts. I would suggest that everyone on food aid get a free cookbook from the state.

Let me tell you about my Italian onion soup. Get a can of onion soup, put in some croutons (ideally some stale bread soaked in some garlic), and top it with provolone cheese. Add oregano and perhaps a little tarragon for taste and color.

For a Spanish variant...
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: death rates of white middle class American males - by pbrower2a - 02-22-2017, 09:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will McCain Death, Midterms & Legal Scandals Finally Be Enough? TheNomad 30 13,784 09-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  The modern credo of the American worker sbarrera 1 1,993 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event? TheNomad 31 15,684 07-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  The End of White Christian America Eric the Green 4 5,122 12-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Last Post: FLBones
  Five myths about class in America Odin 1 2,743 07-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How America Became Infatuated With a Cartoonish Idea of ‘Alpha Males’ Odin 20 20,920 05-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54