Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
death rates of white middle class American males
(02-26-2017, 09:18 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: America solved the problem of chronic underemployment in the 1930s by shortening the workweek. America was not out of the Crisis and would not be until Emperor Hirohito called for surrender in all but name, but by the late 1930s things were materially better for most Americans than they had been ten years earlier.

Indeed, now the need is to further shorten the work week; it's one of the answers to the worker surplus. The ideology that people should be required to work more than they do in other countries is contributing to unemployment and lower participation in the USA workforce at a time when fewer workers are needed. And this means; shorter hours for the same pay. Make the CEOs cough up the dough instead of hogging it. I understand this might not work for small business owners though. But every available worker deserves a job at a living wage, or else income support if there are not enough jobs.

Quote:"Germany" as a concept was an awkward, novel idea even during the First World War. Germany was less than a half-century old throughout the war. Wilhelmine Germany was an oddity as a federal monarchy as a federation of kingdoms nominally independent with (until Wilhelm II took nearly-autocratic power) a multi-party democracy. But... Donald Trump has remarkable parallels to Wilhelm II in behavior.He has debased American democracy badly, not that he didn't have accomplices.

Many have noticed that although Wilhelm II might have a "soul family" parallel resemblance to The Donald, Mussolini may be the direct reincarnation connection.

http://www.eurasiareview.com/24072016-do...lini-oped/
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: death rates of white middle class American males - by Eric the Green - 02-26-2017, 07:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will McCain Death, Midterms & Legal Scandals Finally Be Enough? TheNomad 30 13,784 09-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  The modern credo of the American worker sbarrera 1 1,993 08-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Is The Current American Border Dispute A Catalyst Event? TheNomad 31 15,685 07-20-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TheNomad
  The End of White Christian America Eric the Green 4 5,123 12-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Last Post: FLBones
  Five myths about class in America Odin 1 2,743 07-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  How America Became Infatuated With a Cartoonish Idea of ‘Alpha Males’ Odin 20 20,926 05-30-2016, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54