Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Some Haters Of Government Sensing The Looming Regeneracy?
(03-15-2017, 11:00 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 09:48 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 09:34 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: 2. "Jim Crow" is dead. Political reality in most of the South is that the Republican Party is the White People's Party and the Democratic Party is the Black People's Party.  Tribal slits in politics practically ensure machine government even in the tiniest of hick towns. Such ensures that government will look like the majority even if the majority is only 51% of the electorate, and that because of sure victories because of ethnic identity, corrupt and incompetent politicians can get away with corruption and incompetence indefinitely. Patronage becomes the norm. The solution for corruption and incompetence is obvious enough: vote the bums out. The right way in which to deal with corrupt black Democrats in public office is to vote for the white Republican as an alternative. The right way to deal with corrupt and incompetent white Republicans in public office should be obvious.

On Point 2, PBR, while the majority of Blacks tend to vote Dim-ocratic the Dims are not the party of black people.  While the majority of whites vote GOP the GOP is not the white party.  I can't speak for say Mississippi but in Florida blacks and whites run and win in both parties.  As for voting, one needs to periodically throw the bums out regardless their party.

Churn is better than corruption.

Florida is no longer a stereotypical Southern state in its politics. The state has too many Yankee transplants to be truly Southern. See also Virginia and to lesser extents Texas and North Carolina.

The bums really need to go.

Actually that has nothing to do with it.  By the same logic Georgia is not a stereotypical Southern State, nor is Tennessee, South Carolina (which is heavily black and has lots of Black politicians--many of them Black Republicans but not so many Yankees).

This being the case, is it possible that your idea of what constitutes a stereotypical Southern State is in fact frozen in time?  Honestly when was the last time you were even in the South?  Much less even lived there. 

The typical Yankee (and I've lived in the Midwest as well as the South and been stationed in both the North East and Commiefornia) see a confederate flags and thinks there still are Bull Connors running around. [Are there still racists running around?  Yeah, but they're in the North too.] This is not the case, we have many black legislators and elected officials.  In the main that flag issue simply had not been addressed prior to say 2011 because we had bigger fish to fry.  In some cases changing the state flag to remove it or remove it from the capitol building was actually voted down (with some Black support) because it was viewed as a waste of legislative time when other issues needed addressing.

This is the thing that I know you and Odin both don't get, PBR, (Eric doesn't get it either but he has sporadic contact with reality at the best of times) Blacks are not a monolithic group.  Not all of us believe the same things, not all of us vote the same way, and certainly not all of us belong to the same party.  And we certainly don't vote for people on the basis of being black (well the smart ones of us anyway--stupid people tend to vote stupidly due to stupidity).

And for the record unlike Reagan I didn't leave the Dimocratic party.  I was never part of it to start with.  I just registered that way due to FL being a closed primary state.  I could have just as easily registered GOP and in fact am likely to switch parties before the 2018 mid-terms.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Some Haters Of Government Sensing The Looming Regeneracy? - by Kinser79 - 03-16-2017, 08:17 AM
The Wistful Whig - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-16-2017, 10:44 PM
RE: The Wistful Whig - by Classic-Xer - 03-17-2017, 01:14 AM
RE: The Wistful Whig - by pbrower2a - 03-17-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: The Wistful Whig - by Eric the Green - 03-17-2017, 02:39 AM
RE: The Wistful Whig - by beechnut79 - 03-17-2017, 11:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York Governor Kathy Hochul Wants People To Believe In Their Government Again galaxy 22 5,846 10-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Government goes too far HealthyDebate 13 3,804 04-17-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Coronavirus shows government is a problem, not the solution pmc 7 2,502 03-01-2021, 02:34 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  No, the government shutdown isn’t a ‘crisis’ treehugger 0 747 02-24-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: treehugger
  Don’t Vote for a Psychopath: Tyranny at the Hands of a Psychopathic Government random3 32 6,589 02-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: random3
  Report: US Government Chronically Lied About Trillion Dollar War In Afghanistan mayor2 13 4,597 01-25-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: random3
  Is government the problem, or the solution? Eric the Green 6 3,346 10-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Government can't help, it can only hurt nebraska 84 34,509 05-06-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: dcgal
  It's government regulation eating at America's heart nebraska 15 7,504 02-05-2018, 12:08 AM
Last Post: nom
  US Treasury says government borrowing will hit 8-year high nebraska 0 1,290 01-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Last Post: nebraska