Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Some Haters Of Government Sensing The Looming Regeneracy?
[quote pid='23777' dateline='1489825921']
1.   You may want to consult Wikipedia PBR.  The US Secret Service has been under the auspices of DHS since 2003.

2.  The US Coast Guard also needs to be transfered back to the Department of Transportation.  While they do some law enforcement, mostly they rescue people lost at sea in territorial waters and near by international waters.

3.  The BATF needs to be broken up and its various duties either abolished or subsumed in an other department.  The problem with a lot of federal agencies is that they are overly redundant.

4.  Both the NSA and CIA are actively spying on US citizens as you'd know if you left the fake news bubbles surrounding CNN, MSDNC and so on.  They need to be abolished completely.  If we need military intelligence I'm sure that the military can take care of that with less fuss and muss.

5.  It isn't the 1800s anymore.  Simply put outside of the Old Order Amish no one has enough horses, let alone enough horses of the right type (not all horses are the same, you don't use a high strung thoroughbred for children's pony rides for example) to be very useful in installing and transporting these windmills and solar panels.

5b.  I have this strange feeling that you've never actually ridden a horse before, particularly not for an extended period of time.  I have.  There is a reason that cowboys are depicted as walking bowlegged in old films.  It is also the same reason that riding a horse was less common than hitching it to a buggy or wagon.

6.  The construction of windmills requires steel which unless you want to deforest the continent, more than it has been already, requires burning coal--more specifically a refined coal product called coke.

7.  Even if we don't have to use oil to make the plastics for these windmills and solar panels (which is unlikely) we will still have to use fossil fuels to run the factories to make them.  Refining the silicon for solar panels requires a great deal of electricity.

8.  Trump's budget would mean cuts on a lot of long distance Amtrak routes.  Routes that are not profitable.  Myself I think Amtrak should be privatized entirely.  Seriously anything the private sector does poorly the public sector does it even less well.  The government is the people that have brought you such wonders of customer service as the DMV.

9.  You're also forgetting that his budget blueprint is a proposal.  The House is the one still passing the budgets in this country.  Something called Article I, Section 9, Clause 7 of the US Constitution.
[/quote]

1, 2 -- those agencies would be transferred back.

3. Not being involved in alcohol except as a slight drinker, or either tobacco or firearms at all, I have nothing to fear from BATF.

4. The CIA is no better than the Administration of the time. NSA? Likewise. Donald Trump is simply awful.

5. "Get a horse!" is an archaic expression from the time when the early automobiles were unreliable and the muddy, rutted paths of the time were even more unreliable.  5b. Irrelevant.

6. Concern troll stuff. Energy-saving equipment requires energy to build or make.

7. Eventually the factories will be run by solar power. Yes, extraction of silicon from sand is exemplifies a strongly endothermic process, but many objects that rely upon silicon chips can do much more with less. That's one way to cut energy use.

8. Amtrak does not get anything like the subsidies that air travel gets.

9. Considering that the GOP gave lockstep opposition to Obama and has a Republican President with whom it agrees on most critical issues... I expect cooperation by Congress much like that of the parliament of China. The legislative branch of government is a sick joke in a dictatorship.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
The Wistful Whig - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-16-2017, 10:44 PM
RE: The Wistful Whig - by Classic-Xer - 03-17-2017, 01:14 AM
RE: The Wistful Whig - by pbrower2a - 03-17-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: The Wistful Whig - by Eric the Green - 03-17-2017, 02:39 AM
RE: The Wistful Whig - by beechnut79 - 03-17-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: Are Some Haters Of Government Sensing The Looming Regeneracy? - by pbrower2a - 03-18-2017, 09:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York Governor Kathy Hochul Wants People To Believe In Their Government Again galaxy 22 5,844 10-03-2021, 11:51 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Government goes too far HealthyDebate 13 3,803 04-17-2021, 10:02 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Coronavirus shows government is a problem, not the solution pmc 7 2,502 03-01-2021, 02:34 AM
Last Post: newvoter
  No, the government shutdown isn’t a ‘crisis’ treehugger 0 747 02-24-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: treehugger
  Don’t Vote for a Psychopath: Tyranny at the Hands of a Psychopathic Government random3 32 6,567 02-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Last Post: random3
  Report: US Government Chronically Lied About Trillion Dollar War In Afghanistan mayor2 13 4,597 01-25-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: random3
  Is government the problem, or the solution? Eric the Green 6 3,346 10-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: David Horn
  Government can't help, it can only hurt nebraska 84 34,503 05-06-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: dcgal
  It's government regulation eating at America's heart nebraska 15 7,503 02-05-2018, 12:08 AM
Last Post: nom
  US Treasury says government borrowing will hit 8-year high nebraska 0 1,290 01-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Last Post: nebraska