Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March 15 will be an important day.
In the long run, a "successful" president is not judged by how successful (s)he is in "accomplishing" things, but on what effect their agenda and political philosophy has on the nation.

Trump has accomplished little, but what he has "accomplished" (mainly through executive order, or through congressional repeal of Obama's executive orders) has been completely destructive to the nation. Today, the "political" is everything. It means what one hopes to achieve. The Republican agenda is completely destructive to the nation, and their philosophy is completely bankrupt. Democrats have just enough of a sound and effective agenda and philosophy to move the country forward for the peoples' benefit. So NO, a "successful" Trump presidency would NOT occur if he starts "accomplishing" more of his destructive goals. It will only happen if he completely changes his course. That is possible, but unlikely, and in any case possible only if Democrats win many more elections.

Being "non-political" today is not possible. Moderate is not necessarily what's reasonable. It is not the ability to compromise to get things done, which is a good thing in our system. It is merely the middle between today's views. And today's predominant views may not be for the best in the long run. Today in America, the political "middle" is well to the right, and that means regressive and against the people.

I am pleased with the budget deal. It looks like we have dodged a bullet, so far. That bullet is not so much the potential government shutdown, as Trump's original budget proposals. It still has to be actually voted on though. Some Republicans will have to follow Trump's agreement.

I am glad that my prediction here was fulfilled that there would be no shutdown.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
March 15 will be an important day. - by Galen - 03-14-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: March 15 will be an important day. - by Galen - 03-14-2017, 03:14 PM
RE: March 15 will be an important day. - by Galen - 03-14-2017, 04:00 PM
RE: March 15 will be an important day. - by Galen - 03-15-2017, 04:31 AM
RE: March 15 will be an important day. - by Galen - 03-15-2017, 03:38 PM
RE: March 15 will be an important day. - by Galen - 03-15-2017, 03:56 PM
RE: March 15 will be an important day. - by Eric the Green - 05-01-2017, 12:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gov. Whitmer Violates Her Own Social Distancing Order during Civil Rights March Luza 0 588 02-03-2021, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Luza