Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe Biden: polls of approval and favorability
ARIZONA:

It's mostly a favorability poll, so I can use it solely for calibration.

Governor Doug Ducey ® 47-49 on favorability

President Joe Biden (D) 49-48 on favorability

former President Donald Trump ® 46-51 on favorability

US Senator Mark Kelly (D)  48-41 on favorability

US Senator Kyrsten Sinema (D) 50-37 on favorability

...Arizona could be the equivalent in 2020 of Virginia in 2008 in partisan tendency.
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000017a-...f62f8b0000

Do you support or not support the audit of the ballots in Maricopa County?

46% support (37% strongly)
49% oppose (42% strongly)

Thinking about future elections in Arizona, if a candidate for elected office in Arizona supported this Maricopa County audit, would you be more or less likely to vote for that candidate?

37% more likely, 46% less likely

If the election for President of the United States were held again today and the candidates were – Joe Biden and Donald Trump, whom would you vote for?

51% Biden, 44% Trump
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-7320.html

Poll................Date..............Sample.........Approve...Disapprove..Spread
RCP Average...6/22 - 7/6.....--..................52.5........42.9............+9.6
YouGov..........7/3 - 7/6.......1281 RV.........51..........44...............+7
Rasmussen.....6/30 - 7/6.....1500 LV.........49..........50................-1
IBD/TIPP........6/30 - 7/2.....1145 RV.........54..........38.............+16
Reuters..........6/30 - 7/1.....1004 A...........51..........42...............+9
The Hill..........6/29 - 6/30.....950 RV.........60..........40..............+20
ABC/WP.........6/27 - 6/30.....907 A...........50..........42...............+8
Politico...........6/25 - 6/28...1989 RV.........54..........43.............+11
NPR/PBS........6/22 - 6/29.....905 RV.........51..........44...............+7
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(07-07-2021, 03:43 PM)Eric the  Green Wrote: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-7320.html

Poll................Date..............Sample.........Approve...Disapprove..Spread
RCP Average...6/22 - 7/6.....--..................52.5........42.9............+9.6
YouGov..........7/3 - 7/6.......1281 RV.........51..........44...............+7
Rasmussen.....6/30 - 7/6.....1500 LV.........49..........50................-1
IBD/TIPP........6/30 - 7/2.....1145 RV.........54..........38.............+16
Reuters..........6/30 - 7/1.....1004 A...........51..........42...............+9
The Hill..........6/29 - 6/30.....950 RV.........60..........40..............+20
ABC/WP.........6/27 - 6/30.....907 A...........50..........42...............+8
Politico...........6/25 - 6/28...1989 RV.........54..........43.............+11
NPR/PBS........6/22 - 6/29.....905 RV.........51..........44...............+7

Approval numbers other than those of Rasmussen are stronger than the electoral result  for the President, which is amazing at this stage.

Gallup's record show that Trump had slipped from 44% to 38% approval between inauguration and July 2017. Biden has been stuck around 55-57%, which is excellent considering how polarized American politics have been in the last twenty years or so. Gallup may not be the perfect pollster, but Gallup Polling has been around since Harry Truman.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

(07-07-2021, 05:32 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Approval numbers other than those of Rasmussen are stronger than the electoral result  for the President, which is amazing at this stage.

Not really.  The Republicans are opposing popular policies and obviously practicing obstruction.  How they think this will get them ahead at this point I don't know.  Over the last bunch of years, it is traditional to oppose a party which doesn't achieve their agenda, but this time it is clear why.

I am also looking at the crisis transformation of the culture.  What seem to be the issues?  Cure Covid.  Reduce systematic racism.  Government has a role in supporting the poor and building infrastructure.  These are not winning issues for conservatives.  They oppose change.  A crisis is about change.  That is why the no change faction in prior American crises has always lost.

While a failure of the administration in recent years has lost them power, it was not so in the last crisis.  FDR kept winning with larger and larger majorities.  I suspect the Republicans are playing a loosing strategy.  We will see how it plays out.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
Quote:Data for Progress just released a bunch of new state polls. Old, from 8/20-8/27, but also probably the low water mark for Biden since it was directly in the midst of the Afghanistan media hysteria.

August 20-27

Favorability
Washington: 57/42 (+15)
Oregon: 56/43 (+13)
Colorado: 52/46 (+6)
Pennsylvania: 50/49 (+1)
Georgia: 49/49 (=)
Wisconsin: 48/50 (-2)
Arizona: 48/51 (-3)
New Hampshire: 49/52 (-3)
Michigan: 47/51 (-4)
North Carolina: 46/51 (-5)
Montana: 37/63 (-26)
West Virginia: 33/62 (-29)

Job approval
Washington: 55/42 (+13)
Oregon: 55/44 (+11)
Colorado: 52/47 (+5)
Pennsylvania: 50/50 (=)
Arizona: 49/50 (-1)
Georgia: 48/50 (-2)
Michigan: 48/50 (-2)
New Hampshire: 49/51 (-2)
Wisconsin: 48/52 (-4)
North Carolina: 46/52 (-6)
Montana: 38/61 (-23)
West Virginia: 34/65 (-31)

https://www.dataforprogress.org/memos/vo...ter-agenda

Close to the low point, and I suggest that we keep this in mind as other polls come in. No way is Biden up by a thread in Texas!

Americans will likely have their focus on infrastructure, voting rights, abortion rights -- and COVID-19.   

[Image: genusmap.php?year=2016&ev_c=1&pv_p=1&ev_...&NE3=0;1;5]

Key:

30% red shade: Biden up 1-5%
40% red shade: Biden up 5-10%
50% red shade: Biden up 10-15%
60% red shade: Biden up 15-20%
70% red shade: Biden up 20-25%
80% red shade: Biden up 25-30%
90% red shade: Biden up 30%+

white: tie

30% blue shade: Biden down 1-5%
40% blue shade: Biden down 5-10%
50% blue shade: Biden down 10-15%
60% blue shade: Biden down 15-20%
70% blue shade: Biden down 20-25%
80% blue shade: Biden down 25-30%
90% blue shade: Biden down 30%+

With the caveat that the polls for Nevada and Texas are very old and no longer relevant, this is likely the low point for the Biden Presidency.

(07-08-2021, 04:11 AM)sBob Butler 54 Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 05:32 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: Approval numbers other than those of Rasmussen are stronger than the electoral result  for the President, which is amazing at this stage.

Not really.  The Republicans are opposing popular policies and obviously practicing obstruction.  How they think this will get them ahead at this point I don't know.  Over the last bunch of years, it is traditional to oppose a party which doesn't achieve their agenda, but this time it is clear why.

I am also looking at the crisis transformation of the culture.  What seem to be the issues?  Cure Covid.  Reduce systematic racism.  Government has a role in supporting the poor and building infrastructure.  These are not winning issues for conservatives.  They oppose change.  A crisis is about change.  That is why the no change faction in prior American crises has always lost.

While a failure of the administration in recent years has lost them power, it was not so in the last crisis.  FDR kept winning with larger and larger majorities.  I suspect the Republicans are playing a loosing strategy.  We will see how it plays out.
It's going to be really hard to cure Covid without a cure for Covid while continuing to allow and continuing to assist thousands of foreign undocumented/unvaccinated/illegals/ Covid infected people to enter the country each day. So Bob, how many blue partisan morons/ politcal hacks/LW extremists like yourself and the others are currently living in the country right now? 30-40 million or so maybe? So, how are 30-40 million or so warped minded Left Wingers going to defeat 70 some million hard core Americans who have the right to defend their country. Biden is done. You can cling to him if you want but it's not going to help or stop us from undermining his authority and further weakening him and the system that his administration currently represents. Now, switching to a blue cunt that most of the country already knows is both illegitimate and incompetent isn't going to help either and more likely make matters worse for those stuck living in Acirema.

For the last time, I don't care who kills you or how you all die at this point. The same goes for the Liberal elite aka the Blue ruling class who control the strings and their puppet politicians and bureaucrats. War is hell dude, it's to bad that you and the others are going to learn it first hand (the hard way). So, do you know the difference between stealing and the way the blue poor are able to make a living these days? Do you even care if it's right or wrong at this point? I'd say most idiots don't care at this point. How long can you afford to be plundered without any legal recourse? How long are you going to be able to remain insured? I mean, they're already free to steal up to $950 with no legal recourse in some coastal blue cities aka round head strong holds.
pbrower2a
Quote:Data for Progress just released a bunch of new state polls. Old, from 8/20-8/27, but also probably the low water mark for Biden since it was directly in the midst of the Afghanistan media hysteria.

August 20-27

Favorability
Washington: 57/42 (+15)
Oregon: 56/43 (+13)
Colorado: 52/46 (+6)
Pennsylvania: 50/49 (+1)
Georgia: 49/49 (=)
Wisconsin: 48/50 (-2)
Arizona: 48/51 (-3)
New Hampshire: 49/52 (-3)
Michigan: 47/51 (-4)
North Carolina: 46/51 (-5)
Montana: 37/63 (-26)
West Virginia: 33/62 (-29)

Job approval
Washington: 55/42 (+13)
Oregon: 55/44 (+11)
Colorado: 52/47 (+5)
Pennsylvania: 50/50 (=)
Arizona: 49/50 (-1)
Georgia: 48/50 (-2)
Michigan: 48/50 (-2)
New Hampshire: 49/51 (-2)
Wisconsin: 48/52 (-4)
North Carolina: 46/52 (-6)
Montana: 38/61 (-23)
West Virginia: 34/65 (-31)

https://www.dataforprogress.org/memos/vo...ter-agenda

Are you going by face value? Haven't you learned that you can't do that because the polls are always skewed in favor of the Democrats these days? Where have you been for the last few decades, have you been here among fellow partisan supporters lying to yourselves while Americans have been paying attention and figuring it out themselves. Why are you so aloof? Why are you such a moron? Why are you wasting time polishing shit, covering up shit for shitty rich people these days?
There is a Covid vaccine.  There is a larger portion of the people voting with the blues than against.  The population generally agrees that the problems ought to be solved.  Most people don’t share your obsession with violence.  It has gotten so the racist organizations that used to be into oppressing minorities are now targeting the government.  We’ll see how well that goes Saturday.

We just do see different realities.  I sometimes wonder where yours is coming from.  Not caring so much anymore.

(09-16-2021, 02:13 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: For the last time, I don't care who kills you or how you all die at this point..

The last time?  Promise?
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.
(09-16-2021, 02:13 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 04:11 AM)sBob Butler 54 Wrote:

It's going to be really hard to cure Covid without a cure for Covid while continuing to allow and continuing to assist thousands of foreign undocumented/unvaccinated/illegals/ Covid infected people to enter the country each day. So Bob, how many blue partisan morons/ political hacks/LW extremists like yourself and the others are currently living in the country right now? 30-40 million or so maybe? So, how are 30-40 million or so warped minded Left Wingers going to defeat 70 some million hard core Americans who have the right to defend their country. Biden is done. You can cling to him if you want but it's not going to help or stop us from undermining his authority and further weakening him and the system that his administration currently represents. Now, switching to a blue (vile sexist word excised) that most of  the country already  knows is both illegitimate and incompetent isn't going to help either and more likely make matters worse for those stuck living in Acirema.

Do you have any evidence that undocumented aliens are appreciably more likely to have COVID-19  than the rest of us, unless it involves workplace exposure?

Left or Right, the appropriate response to COVID-19 is inoculation. That's how Americans dealt with the infamous killer and disabler polio. There is no obvious cure, but there certainly is prevention. See also smallpox, whooping cough, diphtheria, measles, shingles, and papilloma. Inoculation is far easier and more effective -- and permanent. It's like defensive driving: prevention is a better course of action than getting into a vehicle collision and expecting insurance to pay for it all. 

Oh, by the way -- Trump lost the election roughly 81 million to 74 million. Trump lost much of the moderate-conservative vote for violating the values of moderate conservatives. Should the Republicans win back those conservatives that Trump offended in 2020 they will win the presidency in 2024. That will not be with Donald Trump or with someone who offers the same failed pitch.

Kamala Harris is fully qualified Constitutionally to be President. She has a keen legal mind, which is exactly what one needs in the wake of a President who made a mockery of the rule of law. 

Quote:For the last time, I don't care who kills you or how you all die at this point. The same goes for the Liberal elite aka the Blue ruling class who control the strings and their puppet politicians and bureaucrats. War is hell dude, it's to bad that you and the others are going to learn it first hand (the hard way). So, do you know the difference between stealing and the way the blue poor are  able to make a living these days? Do you even care  if it's right or wrong at this point? I'd say most idiots don't care at this point. How long can you afford to be plundered without any legal recourse? How long are you going to be able to remain insured? I mean, they're already free to steal up to $950 with no legal recourse in some coastal blue cities aka round head strong holds.

So far we in Blue America are more than replacing ourselves, if with people not our children. Others' children. Your side alienates its youth.  

The real puppeteers are the right-wing plutocrats like the Walton, Scaife, Koch, and Mercer families who provide copious funding to right-wing pols who act as abject sycophants in elective office. 

There isn't going to be any civil war in America. The military has no desire to turn against fellow Americans. Sure, there will be skirmishes by KKK and neo-Nazi types who do mass murders by mowing down people in a synagogue or a mosque... One person with a gun (your solution!) who gets a head shot finishes the slaughter with the death of the perpetrator. Our system catches the racist warriors, tries them, and puts them away -- if they don't choose instead to be blown away.   

We are learning much the hard way from Donald Trump. We are learning that demagoguery works in appealing to mentally-shaky people. People like me do not want it on my side; it leads to bad public policy because the appeals of demagogues always imply serious contradictions. Not mere paradoxes, the contradictions can never reconcile. We have discovered that coarseness in political rhetoric can result in political victories. Some people like to be riled up.  

Rational thought solves more problems and creates fewer. 

A couple days ago I saw a banner that said F--- Biden. Your side has no respect for the sensibilities of the rest of us.

I agree. Although we really need a liberal Democrat to win in 2024. Moderate conservatives tend to be neo-liberal trickle-downers, which won't do in a time of existential crisis. Of course neo-liberalism is also a type of extremism; not identical to trumpism but compatible with it. It was called extremism when Barry Goldwater ran, but Reagan made it more acceptable just because he was a handsome actor and had macho charm. We need to end neo-liberal rule entirely; 40 years of regression is enough. It's time for progress again.

Kamala Harris may be smart enough to be president, but is not qualified as a nominee, because she will lose. It is unlikely that she will even inherit the job.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-17-2021, 11:03 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I agree. Although we really need a liberal Democrat to win in 2024. Moderate conservatives tend to be neo-liberal trickle-downers, which won't do in a time of existential crisis. Of course neo-liberalism is also a type of extremism; not identical to trumpism but compatible with it. It was called extremism when Barry Goldwater ran, but Reagan made it more acceptable just because he was a handsome actor and had macho charm. We need to end neo-liberal rule entirely; 40 years of regression is enough. It's time for progress again.

Kamala Harris may be smart enough to be president, but is not qualified as a nominee, because she will lose. It is unlikely that she will even inherit the job.

There is no direct political solution to anything unless a large percentage of both houses of Congress and the Presidency are solidly left and willing to take of the glves and fight.  Why?  Because NO is always the default, and it's stronger now that the entire GOP has decided that voting for anything that the Dems want is some twisted version of treason.  Some of the needed fixes are totally out of reach.  The 2nd Amendment is still there, and I can't see any way that gets repealed.  The SCotUS will remain far-right unless it's packed, which is unlikley though at least possible.  Federalism limits what can be done in unison, and too many states aren't just obstructinist; they're outright antagonistic and oppositional.

I still fear this will be a next-2T fix.  I just don't see the groundswell needed to make real change, but I hope I'm wrong on that.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.
Biden still hasn't improved his approval poll numbers after the IS deadly attack that killed 13 US soldiers and about 150 Afghans seeking to catch a plane at the Afghan airport. Of course Rasmussen and Trafalgar are Republican outliers, but polls these days may favor Democrats so it's probably good to have them in there. But 2 polls show Biden positive.

President Biden Job Approval

Poll Date Sample Approve Disapprove Spread
RCP Average 9/8 - 9/16 -- 45.3 49.8 -4.5
Reuters/Ipsos 9/15 - 9/16 1005 A 44 50 -6
Rasmussen Reports 9/14 - 9/16 1500 LV 43 55 -12
Economist/YouGov 9/12 - 9/14 1252 RV 46 49 -3
Quinnipiac 9/10 - 9/13 RV 44 50 -6
Politico/Morning Consult 9/10 - 9/13 1997 RV 47 50 -3
Monmouth 9/9 - 9/13 747 RV 47 46 +1
The Hill/HarrisX 9/10 - 9/11 958 RV 47 44 +3
Trafalgar Group ® 9/8 - 9/9 1086 LV 44 54 -10

Favorability Ratings: U.S. Political Leaders
Favorable Unfavorable Spread
Joe Biden 45.6 49.6 -4.0
Kamala Harris 41.4 49.8 -8.4
Donald Trump 40.7 53.0 -12.3
Nancy Pelosi 33.8 55.4 -21.6
Kevin McCarthy 20.7 36.7 -16.0
Chuck Schumer 31.5 44.0 -12.5
Mitch McConnell 21.0 60.5 -39.5

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-7320.html

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-17-2021, 12:21 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 11:03 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I agree. Although we really need a liberal Democrat to win in 2024. Moderate conservatives tend to be neo-liberal trickle-downers, which won't do in a time of existential crisis. Of course neo-liberalism is also a type of extremism; not identical to trumpism but compatible with it. It was called extremism when Barry Goldwater ran, but Reagan made it more acceptable just because he was a handsome actor and had macho charm. We need to end neo-liberal rule entirely; 40 years of regression is enough. It's time for progress again.

There is no direct political solution to anything unless a large percentage of both houses of Congress and the Presidency are solidly left and willing to take of the gloves and fight.  Why?  Because NO is always the default, and it's stronger now that the entire GOP has decided that voting for anything that the Dems want is some twisted version of treason.  Some of the needed fixes are totally out of reach.  The 2nd Amendment is still there, and I can't see any way that gets repealed.  The SCotUS will remain far-right unless it's packed, which is unlikely though at least possible.  Federalism limits what can be done in unison, and too many states aren't just obstructinist; they're outright antagonistic and oppositional.

I still fear this will be a next-2T fix.  I just don't see the groundswell needed to make real change, but I hope I'm wrong on that.

I predict you will be partly wrong on that, using my cosmic crystal ball method which has a lot of success. Of course, tempered by my obsession with following and understanding the news and history.

Right now, the Senate is 2 or 3 votes away from passing some major legislation through reconciliation. The Democratic Party is in negotiation. I think they will pass something. Much action on climate change is in this bill, if this portion is passed intact. Also, the president has some powers.

There are many clouds though, I admit. Republicans may try to shut down the government next month. I predicted the 2020s would be a progressive decade, for which we are way overdue. But Saturn returning to Aquarius through Aries is a fairly reliable 30-year indicator, and this is now going to be emphasized with Pluto there from 2023/4 to about 2043/4. The Supreme Court is the same as it was in the last 4T, and unless it tempers its reactionism, it could be threatened at least with packing. The Republican voter suppression going on in key states is a real concern. It could spell a midterm defeat unless millennials rise to their civic duty and vote. The congress can pass voting rights now and reverse this, if it finds an excuse to bypass the filibuster. This is unlikely, but still possible. Otherwise, it will be up to the aware and awake people to rise up on midterm election day and do their civic duty and preserve the republic and the world from the classic Xers and somnolent Boomers. If the midterms result in increased Democratic Party control, they could reduce/reform the filibuster or bypass/remove it and make Democratic Party power more permanent by giving Puerto Rico and DC senate seats. The groundswell has been aroused since 2017, if it still has legs. I consider the anti-Trump movements to be the regeneracy. The Democratic Party seems ready to fight, but right now they still have to get a few moderates in congress on board.

The Uranus Return every 84 years is an indicator that is identical to the saeculum, at least archetypally in the modern times since the 18th century, when the planet was discovered and became activated thereby. This even extends to the reason that philosopher/astrologer Dane Rudhyar said that Uranus has its traits: because it corresponds to the average length of a human life. That is also what S&H said is the basis for the saeculum. The Uranus Return is due in circa 2027.

We don't get through fourth turnings without having to meet an existential crisis or two. The pandemic is one. I mentioned at the start of these forums that climate change was the main thing, besides the nation's division caused by its reactionary Party itself. This is showing itself to be true ever more clearly, day by day. The IPCC says it's now code red. If we don't handle climate change now and reverse the trend, most-assuredly the next 2T will be too late. Second turnings may bring some social and cultural changes, and we can look for deeper change when it comes in the late 2040s, but big institutional changes are the province of 4Ts. And it never looks bright until near the end of the Crisis. We are in for some rough sailing yet in this 4T, which is still ramping up and is far from over. But the end looks positive according to the signs I read. Look to 2029 for some decisive battles that bring it to a conclusion. 

The 4T has never ended without a liberal or progressive victory. If we fail this time, it will be the first time. Do we want that on our conscience? I say no. We boomers still have a lot of work to do, and we dare not pass leadership on entirely to Generation X, which came of age under Reagan. The world needs our idealism and wisdom now. Writing on internet forums will not be enough. We boomers must participate in the body politic however we can during this 4T and beyond.

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M
(09-16-2021, 05:33 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: There is a Covid vaccine.  There is a larger portion of the people voting with the blues than against.  The population generally agrees that the problems ought to be solved.  Most people don’t share your obsession with violence.  It has gotten so the racist organizations that used to be into oppressing minorities are now targeting the government.  We’ll see how well that goes Saturday.

We just do see different realities.  I sometimes wonder where yours is coming from.  Not caring so much anymore.

(09-16-2021, 02:13 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: For the last time, I don't care who kills you or how you all die at this point..

The last time?  Promise?
You won't hear it from me again. I think you've been warned enough at this point. So, when the riff raff comes to visit you and demands tribute, I hope you have enough to satisfy their needs at the time. I hope you have enough to satisfy them again when they come back for more and so on. I mean, by all rights, they already can barge into your home and take whatever they want with little to no consequences for their actions in some places in Acirema right now.
(09-17-2021, 02:06 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I predict you will be partly wrong on that, using my cosmic crystal ball method which has a lot of success. Of course, tempered by my obsession with following and understanding the news and history.

Right now, the Senate is 2 or 3 votes away from passing some major legislation through reconciliation. The Democratic Party is in negotiation. I think they will pass something. Much action on climate change is in this bill, if this portion is passed intact. Also, the president has some powers.

There are many clouds though, I admit. Republicans may try to shut down the government next month. I predicted the 2020s would be a progressive decade, for which we are way overdue. But Saturn returning to Aquarius through Aries is a fairly reliable 30-year indicator, and this is now going to be emphasized with Pluto there from 2023/4 to about 2043/4. The Supreme Court is the same as it was in the last 4T, and unless it tempers its reactionism, it could be threatened at least with packing. The Republican voter suppression going on in key states is a real concern. It could spell a midterm defeat unless millennials rise to their civic duty and vote. The congress can pass voting rights now and reverse this, if it finds an excuse to bypass the filibuster. This is unlikely, but still possible. Otherwise, it will be up to the aware and awake people to rise up on midterm election day and do their civic duty and preserve the republic and the world from the classic Xers and somnolent Boomers. If the midterms result in increased Democratic Party control, they could reduce/reform the filibuster or bypass/remove it and make Democratic Party power more permanent by giving Puerto Rico and DC senate seats. The groundswell has been aroused since 2017, if it still has legs. I consider the anti-Trump movements to be the regeneracy. The Democratic Party seems ready to fight, but right now they still have to get a few moderates in congress on board.

The Uranus Return every 84 years is an indicator that is identical to the saeculum, at least archetypally in the modern times since the 18th century, when the planet was discovered and became activated thereby. This even extends to the reason that philosopher/astrologer Dane Rudhyar said that Uranus has its traits: because it corresponds to the average length of a human life. That is also what S&H said is the basis for the saeculum. The Uranus Return is due in circa 2027.

We don't get through fourth turnings without having to meet an existential crisis or two. The pandemic is one. I mentioned at the start of these forums that climate change was the main thing, besides the nation's division caused by its reactionary Party itself. This is showing itself to be true ever more clearly, day by day. The IPCC says it's now code red. If we don't handle climate change now and reverse the trend, most-assuredly the next 2T will be too late. Second turnings may bring some social and cultural changes, and we can look for deeper change when it comes in the late 2040s, but big institutional changes are the province of 4Ts. And it never looks bright until near the end of the Crisis. We are in for some rough sailing yet in this 4T, which is still ramping up and is far from over. But the end looks positive according to the signs I read. Look to 2029 for some decisive battles that bring it to a conclusion. 

The 4T has never ended without a liberal or progressive victory. If we fail this time, it will be the first time. Do we want that on our conscience? I say no. We boomers still have a lot of work to do, and we dare not pass leadership on entirely to Generation X, which came of age under Reagan. The world needs our idealism and wisdom now. Writing on internet forums will not be enough. We boomers must participate in the body politic however we can during this 4T and beyond.
I don't know what you see in your cosmic crystal ball. I assume that you see what you want to see in your cosmic crystal ball. It's not a good sign if you're down to your cosmic crystal ball Me, I'd see what any non partisan/objective minded person would see and use it as a guide what's to come. A while back, you said something about the group that has the better apparatus winning the civil war to come. Guess what, I agree with you one hundred percent and that's what I've been going by all along. So, how good of an apparatus does the Democratic party /Acirema have in place compared to the American apparatus that's in place these days. I don't think you or Nancy P, Chuck and Gumby or whoever is making the rules and decisions for Gumby understand who or understand what all you're up against or the amount of losses that you're all going to take at this point. I could toss in McConnel, Graham, Romney and Chaney with the Leftist's too just to show you that I'm not all that particular when it comes to getting rid of corrupt/self serving politicians who are getting in the way of American progress.
(09-17-2021, 12:21 PM)David Horn Wrote: There is no direct political solution to anything unless a large percentage of both houses of Congress and the Presidency are solidly left and willing to take of the glves and fight.  Why?  Because NO is always the default, and it's stronger now that the entire GOP has decided that voting for anything that the Dems want is some twisted version of treason.  Some of the needed fixes are totally out of reach.  The 2nd Amendment is still there, and I can't see any way that gets repealed.  The SCotUS will remain far-right unless it's packed, which is unlikley though at least possible.  Federalism limits what can be done in unison, and too many states aren't just obstructinist; they're outright antagonistic and oppositional.

You didn't have the groundswell needed in the first place. So, what's going on in your head? Why didn't you know that? I told you it was a bad idea to go along and elect a senile old man who couldn't think for himself and shouldn't have run to begin with. So, what do you think the repercussions should be now that most of America knows we were right? Biden is done dude. It's only a matter of time before America demands his resignation and the Democrat's are forced to let go of him and then forced to explain why he was able to become President in the first place. I mean, it's not like he wasn't showing obvious signs to begin with before entering office. Biden is the biggest hoax the Democratic party and it's GOP allies have managed to pull off so far. I hope you're not to reliant on DC and the money that's currently flowing out of it because the bulk of it is most likely going to be diverted to the Red capital and redistributed to Red Americans. Now, you are fortunate because you are an American veteran and you know what Red America thinks about  American veterans these days. As I've mentioned, you're the only one in the group who has a chance of coming out of this relatively unscathed at this point.
(09-16-2021, 08:13 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: For the last time, I don't care who kills you or how you all die at this point. The same goes for the Liberal elite aka the Blue ruling class who control the strings and their puppet politicians and bureaucrats. War is hell dude, it's to bad that you and the others are going to learn it first hand (the hard way). So, do you know the difference between stealing and the way the blue poor are  able to make a living these days? Do you even care  if it's right or wrong at this point? I'd say most idiots don't care at this point. How long can you afford to be plundered without any legal recourse? How long are you going to be able to remain insured? I mean, they're already free to steal up to $950 with no legal recourse in some coastal blue cities aka round head strong holds.

So far we in Blue America are more than replacing ourselves, if with people not our children. Others' children. Your side alienates its youth.  

The real puppeteers are the right-wing plutocrats like the Walton, Scaife, Koch, and Mercer families who provide copious funding to right-wing pols who act as abject sycophants in elective office. 

There isn't going to be any civil war in America. The military has no desire to turn against fellow Americans. Sure, there will be skirmishes by KKK and neo-Nazi types who do mass murders by mowing down people in a synagogue or a mosque... One person with a gun (your solution!) who gets a head shot finishes the slaughter with the death of the perpetrator. Our system catches the racist warriors, tries them, and puts them away -- if they don't choose instead to be blown away.   

We are learning much the hard way from Donald Trump. We are learning that demagoguery works in appealing to mentally-shaky people. People like me do not want it on my side; it leads to bad public policy because the appeals of demagogues always imply serious contradictions. Not mere paradoxes, the contradictions can never reconcile. We have discovered that coarseness in political rhetoric can result in political victories. Some people like to be riled up.  

Rational thought solves more problems and creates fewer. 

A couple days ago I saw a banner that said F--- Biden. Your side has no respect for the sensibilities of the rest of us.
Dude, you haven't shown me any resemblance of rational thought the entire time you've been posting. You write a lot of stuff that proves that you are on the side with fascists, communists and aristocrats but you don't seem to notice it. If you were capable of rational thought, you wouldn't post incriminating evidence related to how aloof and moronic you are and have always been. I don't know what your IQ really is but what I've seen of it so far ain't very impressive. In case you're wondering, you're talking to a mid 140's. I don't know if that's impressive to you or not and don't much care about it either way.

F-Biden doesn't bother me. I've said it myself several times while he's been in office. F-Biden is bad, it's just the start. Wait until you see mannequins that look like Biden hanging from a gallo or one with its head leaning over the yoke of a guillotine. I told you dude, it's going to get really ugly. The last thing a Democratic/Acirema President should do, is further divide and further piss off Americans. I bet your not even dumb enough to do that these days. But then again, maybe you are at this point. I mean, you did just insult some American kids no so long ago. You're lucky I wasn't there, do you think I would take shit from some piece of shit Biden supporter. You're right, we have no respect for you. You've earned none and therefore deserve none.
(09-17-2021, 06:53 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 12:21 PM)David Horn Wrote: There is no direct political solution to anything unless a large percentage of both houses of Congress and the Presidency are solidly left and willing to take of the glves and fight.  Why?  Because NO is always the default, and it's stronger now that the entire GOP has decided that voting for anything that the Dems want is some twisted version of treason.  Some of the needed fixes are totally out of reach.  The 2nd Amendment is still there, and I can't see any way that gets repealed.  The SCotUS will remain far-right unless it's packed, which is unlikley though at least possible.  Federalism limits what can be done in unison, and too many states aren't just obstructinist; they're outright antagonistic and oppositional.

You didn't have the groundswell needed in the first place. So, what's going on in your head? Why didn't you know that? I told you it was a bad idea to go along and elect a senile old man who couldn't think for himself and shouldn't have run to begin with.

We shouldn't have elected the President before him who leaves questions about senility and none about his gross immaturity. Trump is an intellectual mediocrity, but we have gotten away with that. This is a man who mocked someone for having been a POW and another for having a handicap. That's the sort of thing that one grows out of when one is in the high single digits in age.  He has the emotional level of a typical fourth- or fifth-grader.  

I am sure that you have never taken a college-level course on child development. There's plenty of juicy stuff in such a course. One is sexual development, and as a rule kids around ten years old typically have no sex drive. Good evolutionary reason exists for this. A terribly-immature person with a strong sex drive would be a rapist if a boy, and a nymphomaniac if a girl. That's not sexist. A ten-year-old is a child unfit for adult desires and responsibilities. Donald Trump is an immature, predatory sex fiend. Mature people know that some things are not worth getting away with -- like drunkenness, drugs, vehicular speed, and predatory sex. Genuine maturity suggests kindness (empathy), caution, and kindness, all of which Donald Trump lacks.  

I asked the college teacher what sorts of people terribly immature people are like. Many are criminals, shady businesspeople, and despots. If one must choose between an IQ of 70 and an EQ of 100 (average) or an EQ (emotional quotient) of 70, and a mediocre (IQ = 100) then the IQ of 70  is preferable  to the 70 EQ.  The former might be someone who gets along in a menial job under close supervision. The latter is "smarter than the average crook", the sort of person clever enough to use date rape drugs to get unwelcome sex or who is a slightly-more-clever bank robber. As for senility, we have the example of Ronald Reagan, a coachable fellow who could be pushed into a largely-ceremonial role while competent people like Casper Weinberger and George Shultz set things up and the Vice-President took on many of the non-formal responsibilities of the President.  If the mental state of President Biden fades, then I expect that to happen.

Immature people look out for themselves alone -- their gain, their indulgence, their power, and their self-esteem. Mature people recognize that a high income, an impressive job title, official recognition, bureaucratic power, and the discretion to break the rules as necessary are special privileges that serve some higher purpose. Those all end when one is no longer able to use such privileges for the advantage of one's organization. 

Donald Trump is roughly nine years older than I am, so I have known him (at least through media) throughout most of my adult life. He has never impressed me. I have seen him as a hollow egoist as long as I have "known" him. His tenure at Trump Airline and the USFL never impressed me. His casinos lost money -- which is simply amazing. How can one lose money with a business that is nothing more than a money machine unless one is being bled (in gambling, that is called skimming). Vodka? Steaks? Please! His hotels are examples of bad taste that I associate with dictators who have come from nothing and achieved absolute power; I have a thread on that. Others with similar bad taste are gangsters like John Gotti and dope kingpins like Pablo Escobar and Carlos Lehder. I made a thread on that topic. Many of the images are no more, and I made much of the point that power does not induce bad taste. The residence of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom is austere enough to be approachable. So if you are the Prime Minister and you meet a union official who knows from a tender age what a coal mine looks like you can relate. If you are Margaret Thatcher and much of your constituency is small-business owners, then you won't overawe someone who owns a mom-and-pop business. The Prime Minister of the UK has typically been one of the most powerful persons in the world. That has included Sir Winston Churchill, who could do about anything except murder a rival or opponent or bleed his country dry to enrich himself -- or change the interior design. Michelle Obama, a very middle-class person, could feel comfortable there. I question whether she would have felt comfortable at one of the palaces of Satan Hussein.       

Good people can tolerate some austerity.  

Quote:So, what do you think the repercussions should be now that most of America knows we were right? Biden is done dude. It's only a matter of time before America demands his resignation and the Democrat's are forced to let go of him and then forced to explain why he was able to become President in the first place.

Donald Trump is one scary person. Did you hear what General Milley had to say of him? Trump was willing to start a war of aggression with the People's Republic of China to preserve his failed Presidency. But even before that was exposed there was the Capitol Putsch that, had it worked, would have extended his term and negated a valid Presidential election. That is how dictatorships often begin: with the recently-elected leader extending his term. 

Quote:I mean, it's not like he wasn't showing obvious signs to begin with before entering office. Biden is the biggest hoax the Democratic party and it's GOP allies have managed to pull off so far. I hope you're not to reliant on DC and the money that's currently flowing out of it because the bulk of it is most likely going to be diverted to the Red capital and redistributed to Red Americans. Now, you are fortunate because you are an American veteran and you know what Red America thinks about  American veterans these days. As I've mentioned, you're the only one in the group who has a chance of coming out of this relatively unscathed at this point.

How can anyone still defend Donald Quisling Trump?

Who is going to demote her once she's President? She will be the first minority birthing person President of Acirema to hold office? Hell, she could end up being the last President of the USA and the first President of Acirema when America declares it independence and reestablishes America and the American States as a nation. Oh wait, we want her to look good in front of the cameras (the Acirema media and the global media). So, we will be nice and go along with Biden being the end of the USA and recognize her as the President of the United States of Acerima. To be honest, I think it's very clear that the United States is no longer united and won't be remaining together under one banner for very long.
(09-17-2021, 09:41 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: How can anyone still defend Donald Quisling Trump?

Biden has already proven to be more dangerous than Trump ever was at this point. Dude, you are a partisan hack who has proven to be incapable of rational thought. It's also obvious that you are a Trump hater and we also know that your not playing with a full deck too. I don't see a bunch of idiots and morons chanting along and lending their support like were when I started posting. Dude, this is no longer the GOP vs Democratic Party. The GOP is powerless. This is quickly turning to the Americans vs the Democrats before your eyes, the eyes of the GOP allies who supported Biden and those of everyone else who is paying attention. Dude, you aren't an American. You're a plantation Democrat along with millions of others and that's all you'll ever be from now on. You have one choice and that's it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2022 midterm polls Eric the Green 108 12,806 11-24-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Is President Biden too old and dated, or is he the gray champion Eric the Green 47 5,908 09-20-2022, 07:35 PM
  Dow Falls as Biden Reportedly Mulls Tax Hike on Rich chairb 7 2,081 10-25-2021, 03:47 PM
  Biden Administration Bans Importation Of Russian Ammunition chairb 0 680 10-21-2021, 03:25 AM
Last Post: chairb
  Biden’s overreach on executive edicts chairb 0 631 10-21-2021, 01:31 AM
  Rep. Bob Gibbs introduces articles of impeachment against Biden chairb 0 621 10-20-2021, 09:31 PM
  Biden follows through on pledge to take in more refugees chairb 0 609 10-19-2021, 11:25 PM
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 606 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
  Yes, Biden Wants to End Fracking chairb 0 656 10-19-2021, 01:25 AM
  Top brass expose Biden’s biggest Afghanistan lies chairb 0 633 10-19-2021, 12:08 AM